For Emily, who welcomed her daughter Hazel with John Krasinski back in February, motherhood was a whole new challenge.
"You don't know what to expect because it's just completely, existentially out of anything that you've ever experienced before, and it's quite indescribable," she told People.
That doesn't mean she's not enjoying it though!
"It's heaven," she gushed at the premiere of her new film Into The Woods.
Another actress who welcomed her own bundle of joy this year was Scarlett Johansson, who gave birth to her first child Rose Dorothy in September.
"It's wonderful. It's very, very magical - and exhausting," she said in a sneak peek from Barbara Walters' upcoming 10 Most Fascinating People of 2014 special.
"The love is just unbelievable. It’s very overwhelming."
- CompetitionsWin one of five prize packs from Arnott’s worth $100
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- CareerTech-savvy granny: Meet Val, a social media queen at 90
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- RoyalsInside a play date with Prince George and Princess Charlotte at Kensington Palace
Now To LoveYesterday 3:40pm
- PetsThe online pet product delivery service that just made your life easier
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsIs this a clue that Duchess Meghan is relaunching her lifestyle blog The Tig?
Now To LoveYesterday 11:15am
- CareerFrom Shortland Street to water births: Katherine McRae's new focus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:09am
- RoyalsNew book details the lives of the photographers who captured the royals behind closed doors
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- FamilyNadene Lomu's tearful confession: Pushed to breaking point after Jonah's death
Woman's DayYesterday 7:45am
- EntertainmentWoman's Day Bonds X-Temp hottest media hunk has been crowned
Woman's DaySep 16, 2019