There's surely not many people who can say they received a personalised gift from the future British Monarch for their first birthday, but now New Zealand's own First Baby can!
Celebrating her first birthday today, Neve Te Aroha Ardern Gayford, the first child of New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern and her fiance Clarke Gayford received an icon Kiwi Buzzy Bee from Prince William, with whom she shares a birthday with.
Taking to Twitter on Friday night, her proud father revealed two photos of the personalised wooden toy, saying he was torn between whether he should let Neve "maul" it or store the gift somewhere safe.
"Torn between letting the 1st birthday girl continue to maul this amazing gift or putting it somewhere safe FOREVER," Gayford tweeted.
"Happy Birthday Prince William, what a great shared birthday (I'm pretty sure you win with this)."
The close-up photo of the bottom of the Buzzy Bee shows a tiny metal name plate engraved with the words: "Happy Birthday Neve. From Prince William."
Gayford's tweet has garnered plenty of responses, which range from people wishing Neve a happy birthday to people encouraging him to let her play with it, "Special things are even more special when they make us smile."
"I think I just became a monarchist," another quipped.
Neve's first year has seen her largely out of the spotlight, with her Jacinda revealing to the AM Show earlier this week that they'd mark their daughter's first birthday with "fairly low key" celebrations.
"I think the way I am going to describe it is we will be doing exactly the same thing most parents do on first birthdays, celebrating with a few family and friends," she said.
Adding that it will be "an acknowledgement that we made it through the first year."
Prince William in fact has a bit of a history with the Kiwi Buzzy Bee. He was first introduced to the toy when he was just 10-months-old during a royal tour of New Zealand with his parents, the Prince and Princess of Wales, in 1983!
The royal father-of-three also celebrated his birthday today, with Kensington Palace sharing a post to Instagram, thanking well-wishes for the birthday messages.
"🎈Thank you every for your lovely birthday wishes on The Duke of Cambridge's birthday!," the caption said.
The Prince also got a shout out from his younger brother and sister-in-law, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, with their offical Instagram account writing, "Happy Birthday to The Duke of Cambridge!," in the comments.
The official Royal Family Instagram also marked William's 37th birthday, posting a carousel of images of William, accompanied with the caption: "Happy Birthday to The Duke of Cambridge! 🎂 #HappyBirthdayHRH.
"The Duke of Cambridge is second in line to the throne. His Royal Highness undertakes a number of charitable activities and projects, and carries out public and official duties in support of The Queen, in the UK and overseas, alongside The Duchess of Cambridge."
A very happy birthday to both Neve and HRH The Duke of Cambridge - a very special day indeed!
- BodyDr Libby on why we're overusing the word 'stressed' and how we should really be thinking about the term
Good Health ChoicesToday 12:00pm
- Family50 years on from the Manson murders Debra Tate speaks out about her sister Sharon's murder
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- TVHow Athena Angelou went from homeless to radio star in just a few short years
Woman's DayToday 7:55am
- Diet & NutritionHow to ensure you're putting the most nutritious grocery options in your trolley
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerWhy Jennifer Aniston is looking to the future with a new focus
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- TVThe Block NZ favourites Ethan and Sam: 'We had a rough run but we stayed true to ourselves'
Woman's DayYesterday 7:30am
- RoyalsPrince Harry shares more details about his upcoming mental health TV series with Oprah
Now To LoveSep 20, 2019
- CareerMy life is stranger than fiction says NZ Children's Book Awards winner Bren MacDibble
New Zealand Woman's WeeklySep 20, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ winners Lisa and Ribz reveal their post-show plans
Woman's DaySep 20, 2019
- MindWhy Shortland Street's Ana Scotney was forced to quit social media
Woman's DaySep 19, 2019
- CareerTech-savvy granny: Meet Val, a social media queen at 90
New Zealand Woman's WeeklySep 19, 2019
- CompetitionsWin one of five prize packs from Arnott’s worth $100
Good Health ChoicesSep 19, 2019