The Duchess of Cambridge's younger sister Pippa Middleton has opened up about how she's keeping active with her 11-month-old son Arthur, who she shares with her husband of two years, James Matthews.
Writing her Waitrose Weekend fitness column, the 36-year-old says now that Arthur is more mobile, she's eager to try different forms of physical activity with him and has credited her "local baby gym" as a "saving grace".
Pippa writes, "Now that Arthur is 11 months old and more mobile, I have been trying to come up with different activities to do with him.
"I needed to find something more than just park walks in the pram. Our local baby gym has been a saving grace. It's a big space full of fun, soft objects, play mats, stairs, balls, swings, mini trampolines and more to stimulate and physically engage babies and toddlers."
She adds: "Arthur burns lots of energy in this safe environment and learns many physical skills. I have also noticed him building his confidence with each visit."
When Arthur was six months old Pippa revealed she'd started teaching him swimming at four months old and it has since become one of his favourite activities.
"Starting my son Arthur swimming at four months old has given him confidence and enjoyment in water," she wrote at the time.
"He's not six months old, and swimming is one of his favourite activities. The exercise helps guarantee sound daytime sleeps, and the movement improves his digestion."
Just like her royal older sister Catherine, Pippa is known for her love for health and fitness, documenting her pregnancy fitness routine with Waitrose Weekend while she was pregnant with her first child.
At the time she spoke of her preference for barre-inspired workouts saying, "I feel far from a ballerina, but I'm equally determined not to break into a penguin-style waddle and plod around with bad posture."
She also said was a big fan of swimming explaining it offers "a wonderful feeling of weightlessness."
"From personal experience, I'd confidently say I find it has been the most enjoyable and rewarding form of exercise since I found out I was expecting."
Just two years between them, Kate and Pippa are incredibly close and as a source told Life & Style during Pippa's pregnancy, the two sisters confide in each other about everything.
"When they were younger they'd always share stories about boys and school life. Now they're sharing pregnancy stories!"
In July Pippa joined her sister and The Duchess of Sussex in the royal box at the Wimbledon Tennis Championship to watch Serena Williams take on Simona Halep in the Ladies' Singles Finals.
The trio looked happy and relaxed as they chatted and cheered from the crowds which saw Simona take the win and become the first Romanian to win Wimbledon.
- CareerRenee Zellweger on the similarities between her life and Judy Garland's
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:35am
- CareerMike McRoberts on his former glory days on the rugby field
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- Married at First SightJules Robinson takes aim at some of the new MAFS Australia cast
Now To LoveYesterday 5:40pm
- Career'That pregnant runner' Alysia Montaño signs sponsorship deal with Kiwi company Cadenshae
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine and Prince William have shared unseen footage of their royal tour of Pakistan
Now To LoveYesterday 12:20pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry finally addresses rumours of a rift with Prince William
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- DestinationsFive must-do family-friendly walks from around the North Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45am
- RelationshipsA sex therapist shares her top tips on how to boost your sex life
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:30am
- Body6 reasons why it's the perfect time to spring clean your health
Good Health ChoicesOct 20, 2019
- CareerHow Silver Fern Katrina Rore has found balance after a whirlwind and emotional year
Woman's DayOct 20, 2019
- MindShortland Street's Rebekah Palmer on life after loss and finding happiness in the small things
Good Health ChoicesOct 19, 2019
- MindBest-selling author Gwendoline Smith: the truth about depression
The Australian Women's WeeklyOct 19, 2019
- CareerRachel Hunter's spiritual awakening: Sexy, single, soulful and fabulous at 50
Woman's DayOct 19, 2019