- I've always encouraged parents to eat well, consume less sugar and eat healthy food that fuels energy, especially breastfeeding mums. I liken new mothers to race horses or athletes – they need good protein and slow-releasing carbs alongside plenty of fruit and vegetables.
- Get out in the fresh air and take daily walks where possible. Morning walks are great but I find that in the afternoon, when you are starting to feel shattered, instead of filling up on sugar or caffeine, a 10-30 minute walk or a nap can help.
- Routine for you, your baby and family is a great tool for coping and providing mental energy.
- Ask for help, especially if you have babies or children not sleeping. Thinking that "it will get better soon" is not proactive – often things won't get better in time for you to be rested and energised enough to enjoy parenting and be the best parent you can be.
- I find a cup of miso or a vege juice is a brilliant and easy energy booster alongside a 10-minute cat nap, if possible. I also like to use a naturopath for advice on what I need personally.
- BodyThe simple way to treat ageing skin concerns at home
Now To LoveToday 4:40pm
- TVCarolyn Taylor's epiphany since her return to TV on Dancing With The Stars
Woman's DayToday 2:00pm
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- FamilyEight foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:42am