- I've always encouraged parents to eat well, consume less sugar and eat healthy food that fuels energy, especially breastfeeding mums. I liken new mothers to race horses or athletes – they need good protein and slow-releasing carbs alongside plenty of fruit and vegetables.
- Get out in the fresh air and take daily walks where possible. Morning walks are great but I find that in the afternoon, when you are starting to feel shattered, instead of filling up on sugar or caffeine, a 10-30 minute walk or a nap can help.
- Routine for you, your baby and family is a great tool for coping and providing mental energy.
- Ask for help, especially if you have babies or children not sleeping. Thinking that "it will get better soon" is not proactive – often things won't get better in time for you to be rested and energised enough to enjoy parenting and be the best parent you can be.
- I find a cup of miso or a vege juice is a brilliant and easy energy booster alongside a 10-minute cat nap, if possible. I also like to use a naturopath for advice on what I need personally.
- PetsThe online pet product delivery service that just made your life easier
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- RoyalsIs this a clue that Duchess Meghan is relaunching her lifestyle blog The Tig?
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerFrom Shortland Street to water births: Katherine McRae's new focus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- RoyalsNew book details the lives of the photographers who captured the royals behind closed doors
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- FamilyNadene Lomu's tearful confession: Pushed to breaking point after Jonah's death
Woman's DayToday 7:45am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ brides share the details on their wedding dresses
Woman's DayYesterday 4:45pm
- TVThe one thing Jodie Rimmer did on Celebrity Treasure Island that her children made her apologise for
Woman's DayYesterday 8:55am
- At homeThe sensitive skin laundry hack that makes your clothes soft and speeds up drying time
Now To LoveYesterday 8:24am
- EntertainmentWoman's Day Bonds X-Temp hottest media hunk has been crowned
Woman's DayYesterday 8:21am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan shares an adorable unseen photo from Archie’s christening for Prince Harry’s birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- TVThe top five moments from Celebrity Treasure Island this week
Now To LoveSep 15, 2019
- CareerHelen Mirren on why being old is 'cool' and marriage is great
The Australian Women's WeeklySep 15, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a $500 Countdown voucher to launch your Disney Word tile collection
Woman's DaySep 15, 2019
- BodyDWTS winner Loryn Reynolds' sister can finally dance again after losing a whopping 70kg
Woman's DaySep 14, 2019
- TVMatt Chisholm is leaving TVNZ to ''farm children, rocks and rabbits'' in Otago
Now To LoveSep 13, 2019