We're used to seeing Mike McRoberts ask the hard questions. The Newshub presenter and journalist has reported from war zones all over the world and covered some of New Zealand's darkest days, including the March 15 mosque attacks in his home town of Christchurch.
But what's he like when his interview subject is his mum?
In the most adorable interview we've seen him conduct yet, Mike sits down with his mum Lynda Wilkinson to ask her a few home truths - the important stuff a son asks his mum, like 'am I your favourite?' and 'what was I really like as a teen?'
Lynda's responses are thoughtful and carefully considered and we now know one thing, for sure.
We can see where Mike gets his diplomacy from!
For more great videos check out our Youtube channel.
- TVHow winning The Block has changed Tim and Arty's lives forever
Woman's DayNov 25, 2021
- At homeBring summer into your home with this colour pallette
Now To LoveNov 25, 2021
- RoyalsAre Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank planning baby number two already?
Woman's DayNov 23, 2021
- RoyalsThe Queen’s special appearance for two of her great-grandsons after weeks of health concerns
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 23, 2021
- Royals"She's alright!": The Queen makes her first in-person appearance since October hospital scare
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 18, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKim Crossman's hidden heartache and why being a mum will have to wait
Woman's DayNov 18, 2021
- Food & DrinksEnjoy the taste of Provence with these refreshing rosé wines
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 17, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi mum Rachel reveals how her premature son changed her life
Woman's DayNov 17, 2021
- RoyalsBuckingham Palace confirms the Queen will attend the annual Remembrance Day Service
Now To LoveNov 12, 2021