Birthdays can be fairly low-key affairs for new parents.
When it takes so long just to pack everything you need to get out of the house with a new baby it can feel easier to stay home and hope for a more fun celebration next year.
But Matilda Green was having none of that.
The new mum to Milo, seven weeks, celebrated her first birthday as a parent this week and made sure EVERYBODY in the house got dressed up to go out for brunch to celebrate with her.
Even baby Milo.
So out of the onesie he went.
Matilda looked fresh and radiant in a simple orange dress from ASOS and Art scrubbed up in a light grey jumper and jeans.
The trio enjoyed brunch at The Farmers Daughter in Omaha.
Both mum and dad took to social media to share the moment, with Matilda posting on Instagram, "It's my birthdaaaaay! So I insisted we all get dressed up and go out for brunch. Including Milo. So obviously had to get photographic evidence #notaonesieforonce"
Meanwhile, Art grammed, "Just love this little guy. Out for brunch for @matootles birthday."
They're doing that thing all new parents do, where they both get a photo of themselves with the baby but forget to get one together.
We thought we were the only ones who noticed until we saw Lily McManus' cheeky comment on Art's Insta page, "Do y'all do like alternating photo shoots where one holds the baby and the other one creative directs?"
Art was quick to shoot back, "Obviously. That's actually the only reason we hang out with each other" to which Lily quipped, "parenthood sounds wild".
Matilda gave birth to wee Milo on September 4th in a planned home birth.
- CareerRachel Hunter on being single, her love affair with India and why she never feels alone
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 11:30am
- At homeFour ways to give your Christmas decorations a modern refresh without breaking the bank
Now To LoveToday 11:20am
- RoyalsPrince William gave a shout out to Duchess Meghan and Prince Harry at this special event
Now To LoveToday 11:20am
- Pregnancy & BirthHilaria Baldwin begins her journey of healing after miscarrying fifth child
Now To LoveToday 10:34am
- PetsCelebrities and their pets: Shortland Street's Ria Vandervis and princess pooch Maeby
Woman's DayToday 9:55am
- SkincareGemma McCaw's 4 natural beauty treatments you can make at home yourself
Now To LoveToday 7:45am
- CompetitionsWin a Fitbit Versa Lite prizepack for Diabetes Action Month
Now To LoveToday 7:00am
- Body4 reasons why a visit to this hidden oasis will have you feeling summer-ready
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson zooms around an airport on a motorised suitcase in a hilarious new video
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsIs Duchess Catherine getting her own television show?
Now To LoveYesterday 10:05am
- FamilySex educationist reveals what kids really want to know about sex - and it might surprise you
Now To LoveYesterday 9:53am
- CareerKeeping Up With The Kaimanawas horse whisperer Kelly Wilson on the stallion that changed her life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:36am
- Career'You just have to be yourself': Ingrid Hipkiss on taking over from Samantha Hayes on the 6pm news
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:25am
- WeddingsZac Franich and Erin Simpson's magical wedding day
Woman's DayYesterday 9:15am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan steps out in $50,000 ruby earrings by Kiwi designer Jessica McCormack
Now To LoveNov 11, 2019
- FamilyAt home with Matilda and Art Green: 'Baby Milo is our dream come true'
Woman's DayNov 11, 2019