Birthdays can be fairly low-key affairs for new parents.
When it takes so long just to pack everything you need to get out of the house with a new baby it can feel easier to stay home and hope for a more fun celebration next year.
But Matilda Green was having none of that.
The new mum to Milo, seven weeks, celebrated her first birthday as a parent this week and made sure EVERYBODY in the house got dressed up to go out for brunch to celebrate with her.
Even baby Milo.
So out of the onesie he went.
Matilda looked fresh and radiant in a simple orange dress from ASOS and Art scrubbed up in a light grey jumper and jeans.
The trio enjoyed brunch at The Farmers Daughter in Omaha.
Both mum and dad took to social media to share the moment, with Matilda posting on Instagram, "It's my birthdaaaaay! So I insisted we all get dressed up and go out for brunch. Including Milo. So obviously had to get photographic evidence #notaonesieforonce"
Meanwhile, Art grammed, "Just love this little guy. Out for brunch for @matootles birthday."
They're doing that thing all new parents do, where they both get a photo of themselves with the baby but forget to get one together.
We thought we were the only ones who noticed until we saw Lily McManus' cheeky comment on Art's Insta page, "Do y'all do like alternating photo shoots where one holds the baby and the other one creative directs?"
Art was quick to shoot back, "Obviously. That's actually the only reason we hang out with each other" to which Lily quipped, "parenthood sounds wild".
Matilda gave birth to wee Milo on September 4th in a planned home birth.
- MindHilary Barry's perfect clap back at a viewer: ‘Enough with the age-shaming’
Now To LoveToday 9:20am
- Diet & NutritionDiet and ‘detox’ teas have been pulled from New Zealand shelves
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- RelationshipsMatty McLean reveals what partner Ryan calls him… and it’s not what you'd think!
Now To LoveYesterday 1:26pm
- RoyalsPrince Charles met Greta Thunberg and revealed why he doesn't want to disappoint his grandchildren
Now To LoveYesterday 12:55pm
- CareerNigella Lawson's new direction at 60: 'I feel so much more open to anything and everything'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:38am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine speaks out about the isolation she felt when Prince George was a baby
Now To LoveYesterday 9:18am
- WeddingsIt's love-all for tennis star Michael Venus as he marries the mother of his child
Woman's DayYesterday 8:15am
- Pregnancy & BirthBreakfast’s Hayley Holt is expecting her first child
Now To LoveJan 22, 2020
- Real LifeFacing the fiery inferno: Kiwi family's frightening Aussie bushfire ordeal
Woman's DayJan 22, 2020
- FamilyRussell Crowe's heartwarming revelation about his sons strikes a chord with many
Now To LoveJan 21, 2020