A devoted sister has melted the icy cold heart of the internet after penning a letter in defence of her autistic brother.
Six-year-old Lex was left hurt when a girl in her class told her that her brother was “weird.”
In response, the girl wrote a letter to her classmate, and the results are wonderful.
Her mum uploaded the note to Facebook, which reads:
*“On Monday I felt very sad because a girl in my class said that my brother was weird.
My brother has autism and is not weird.
I would like it if we could learn about disabilities in schools so that everybody understands that some people are different, but we should all be treated the same.”*
Lex’s mother, Sophie Camilleri, captioned the shot with a note that she was “so very proud that Lex has this view and wants to change the way other children view others with disabilities.”
“She is only 6-years-old and is already part of the school council, wanting to make this change.
"Can I ask a Favour of my Facebook friends to share this Post to help Lex raise Disability Awareness in schools.”
The post has since been shared thousands of times.
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019