Decorating eggs is a great Easter activity to get the kids involved in, and it gives you some adorable artwork to display around the house!
We've rounded up a few tips and tricks to help make sure your egg decorating goes off without a hitch:
Blowing out Easter eggs
Most Easter egg decorations require you to blow out your eggs first. To do this, use a sharp needle or pin to prick a small hole at the top and bottom of each egg.
Grab a paper clip, unfold it so you have one long wire and poke this gently through the hole into the egg. Move it around to scramble up the yolk so it can be removed more easily.
Lastly, place a straw up against one of the holes and blow through, pushing out the yolk into a bowl. Once it's all out, rinse the egg thoroughly with water and leave to dry - ready for you to decorate!
Keep these supplies on hand to help decorate your eggs:
Place small dots of glue all over your eggs and use tongs to dip the egg in glitter, creating a sparkly polka-dot pattern.
Alternatively, dye your eggs in your favourite colours and once dry, draw simple designs with metallic pens to create a simple but stunning look.
- FamilyThe Kiwi mum who couldn't find a decent parenting book so wrote one herself
Now To LoveToday 8:30pm
- BodyThe simple way to treat ageing skin concerns at home
Now To LoveToday 4:40pm
- TVCarolyn Taylor's epiphany since her return to TV on Dancing With The Stars
Woman's DayToday 2:00pm
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- FamilyEight foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am