Choosing a name for your newborn baby can be one of the most important jobs for any parent in those early days, but one couple decided to hand that honour over to someone else.
Katrina and Danny, from the UK, decided let their baby boy be named by the grandmother he will never meet.
In a touching video posted online by Katrina's sister Sarah, the family explain the heartbreak that came when their mum was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer just a few months before Katrina got pregnant.
"Wanting our mum to have an important part in the grandchild she would never meets life my sister decided my mum was to choose the name and was to tell it to me just before we had to say good bye to her," Sarah wrote.
"My sister and her partner wanted the name to be a surprise until the day their baby was born so his name is a secret I have been keeping for the last 6 months."
The little boy's name was only revealed after he was born, on May 13, surrounded by personal items to remind everyone involved of the woman who was no longer with them.
In the video, Katrina and Danny excitedly open a present which reveals what their son's name will be.
"My name was handpicked by Nana Joanne in heaven," the back of a onesie given to the new parents reads. The name Katrina's late mum chose for her grandson is written on the front of the little outfit.
Watch the video to find out what Katrina's mum named her grandson
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveToday 2:28pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveToday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 1:00pm
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 11:00am
- WeddingsArt Green and Matilda Rice marry in a stunning Waiheke wedding - and announce they're expecting a baby!
Now To LoveYesterday 10:10am
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2019
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2019
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 15, 2019
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 15, 2019