A beautiful smile can light up a room — and no-one knows this better than Seleisa Kolone, a Plunket nurse for B4 School Checks. Seleisa has worked as a Plunket nurse for six years and says the best part of her job is working alongside whanau to provide children with the support they need to ensure they have the best start possible at school.
Plunket has worked in partnership with Colgate and the New Zealand Dental Association since 2007, with a collaborative aim to promote good oral health for all New Zealand children and establish healthy oral hygiene habits from an early age.
"In my time as a Plunket nurse doing B4 School Checks, I've seen first-hand the positive impact of this partnership — I just look at the smiles of our kids!" says Seleisa.
"The B4 School Checks are really important as they provide a great opportunity to pass on oral health tips to parents and children, such as brushing twice a day with fluoride toothpaste, limiting sugary drinks and having regular dental check-ups," says Seleisa.
Colgate gives a toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste to every Plunket baby at their five-month visit and again at their B4 School Check.
"Children love receiving the gift of a Colgate toothpaste and toothbrush; they get very excited and often want to brush their teeth at the check! Parents are also very appreciative and it creates such a positive way to talk about oral health," she says.
"Colgate, NZDA and Plunket are committed to supporting better oral health outcomes for Kiwi families and we are excited to continue delivering vital oral health messages and growing the programme year to year."
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveToday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveToday 11:31am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- TVDancing With The Stars' Manu Vatuvei's biggest fear when it comes to the dance floor
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsDoting dad Ronan Keating enjoys a family day out at Auckland's waterfront
Woman's DayApr 21, 2019
- BodyMatilda Green talks motherhood, mental wellbeing and her plans for the future
Good Health ChoicesApr 21, 2019
- FitnessThese dance workouts will be so fun that you won't even feel like you're exercising
Good Health ChoicesApr 20, 2019
- RoyalsHappy birthday Her Majesty! Celebrating 93 years with Queen Elizabeth II
Now To LoveApr 20, 2019