A beautiful smile can light up a room — and no-one knows this better than Seleisa Kolone, a Plunket nurse for B4 School Checks. Seleisa has worked as a Plunket nurse for six years and says the best part of her job is working alongside whanau to provide children with the support they need to ensure they have the best start possible at school.
Plunket has worked in partnership with Colgate and the New Zealand Dental Association since 2007, with a collaborative aim to promote good oral health for all New Zealand children and establish healthy oral hygiene habits from an early age.
"In my time as a Plunket nurse doing B4 School Checks, I've seen first-hand the positive impact of this partnership — I just look at the smiles of our kids!" says Seleisa.
"The B4 School Checks are really important as they provide a great opportunity to pass on oral health tips to parents and children, such as brushing twice a day with fluoride toothpaste, limiting sugary drinks and having regular dental check-ups," says Seleisa.
Colgate gives a toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste to every Plunket baby at their five-month visit and again at their B4 School Check.
"Children love receiving the gift of a Colgate toothpaste and toothbrush; they get very excited and often want to brush their teeth at the check! Parents are also very appreciative and it creates such a positive way to talk about oral health," she says.
"Colgate, NZDA and Plunket are committed to supporting better oral health outcomes for Kiwi families and we are excited to continue delivering vital oral health messages and growing the programme year to year."
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019