In a new interview with US Glamour, Blake Lively spoke passionately about the way she and husband Ryan Reynolds are raising their two daughters.
In particular, the actress explained how the couple have banned one word in their vocabulary while around their daughters, James and Ines. The prohibited word is 'bossy'.
"My husband said, 'I don’t ever want to use that word again. You’ve never heard a man called bossy,"' Lively told Glamour. "There would never be any negative connotation for a man being a boss, so to add a negative connotation on a woman being bossy? It’s belittling, and it doesn’t encourage them to be a boss."
Our thoughts exactly.
The couple are also ensuring they use female pronouns when they speak to their daughters. Lively explained that, for example, if Reynolds picks up a caterpillar, he'll ask, 'What's her name?' rather than, 'What's his name?'
Promoting her new project, Her Husband's Secret (a film based on a book by the Big Little Lies author), Lively also spoke about how she wanted to bring her daughters up knowing their own strength.
"We're all born feeling perfect until somebody tells us we're not," she said. "So there's nothing I can teach my daughter [James]. She already has all of it. The only thing I can do is protect what she already feels."
This story first appeared on Grazia
- MoneyMoney expert Mary Holm reveals how much money you really need in the bank when you retire - and it's not as much as you think
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsFlower arranging and cute cookies: Inside Duchess Meghan's gorgeous baby shower
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- BodyKiwi teen's bizarre diagnosis: 'You have a plant growing in your ear'
Now To LoveToday 8:20am
- RoyalsWho are all the celebrity guests at Duchess Meghan's baby shower?
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- Parenting NewsZoe Marshall urges: don't kiss other people's babies on the mouth
Now To LoveYesterday 1:31pm
- RoyalsBeyonce and JAY-Z just made a surprising tribute to Duchess Meghan in their Brit Awards acceptance speech
Now To LoveYesterday 12:05pm
- Celebrity NewsCoro Street's new bad girl - Connie Hyde reveals what it's like playing Sally's sister Gina
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:22am
- TVSir David Attenborough the legend: how he's still producing groundbreaking TV series at age 92
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- RoyalsSerena Williams joins Duchess Meghan for a night out in New York City
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Elizabeth and Bronson speak out about the developing affair between Sam and Ines
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsLady Gaga has called off her engagement to Christian Carino
Now To LoveFeb 20, 2019