The thing about looking after newborn babies is that peaceful, picture-perfect moments can often be followed by ones full of calamity.
And so it was for new dad Art Green when he took a selfie of himself with his new son Milo lying blissfully on his chest.
"Morning cuddles with my favourite little monk," he captioned the cute image - and his Instagram audience would have all thought 'aww'.
But his next sentence tells that the serenity was quickly disrupted and all we can do is laugh:
"About 30 seconds after this photo he shat so much it exploded out the side of his nappy all over me, so that was fun.
"Happy Monday," Art joked.
Matilda and Art have both been upfront about the challenges of adjusting to life with a newborn, with Art revealing in one Instagram post that he was "slowly getting used to the broken sleep that comes with parenthood".
Matilda, meanwhile, has shared that she's now leaving the house "prepared for every scenario".
Of course, nothing can prepare you for the force of nature that is a baby's poonami. But at least it's nothing a hot shower can't fix.
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020
- CompetitionsWin the Ultimate Teeth Whitening Prize Pack thanks to Colgate Optic White
Woman's DayNov 23, 2020