The words 'I'm bored' are commonly uttered on rainy days. Here are some ideas to keep the kids entertained on those days when everyone is stuck inside.
Create a blanket fort and snuggle inside to watch some movies while snacking on homemade popcorn and s'mores. For a little variation you could even pitch your tent inside and lay out sleeping bags as the perfect set-up for cosy viewing.
Have a dance party inside with karaoke and 'DJs'. Get the hairbrushes out as makeshift microphones and provide small prizes for funky dance moves.
Dress up and put on a fashion show. You could even be brave and let your children dress you and do your hair and make-up!
Decorate the house and put out some treats, then invite one or two of your kids' friends round. Answer the door with balloons and confetti in hand.
Make an indoor herb garden or terrarium. Buy the plants from your local garden shop and recycle accessories from your home, such as old chipped cups, to use as pots.
Write a letter to friends, teachers or family. Grandma would greatly appreciate a hand-written note.
Have a spa day with face masks, bathrobes and cucumber slices for your eyes. Paint each other's nails.
Make some memories with an indoor photoshoot then print out the pictures and create a gallery wall, adding in any recent artworks.
Turn your dining table into an art station. What you and your crew create is up to your imagination! For instance: colouring, drawing, playdough, scrapbooking, painting rocks, making jewellery, creating a time capsule or tie-dyeing. A search on Pinterest will provide you with some how-to guides and many other ideas, too.
Hold a treasure hunt at home. Create a treasure map, write clues, hide a special prize and let the children hunt it out. Then get the kids to have a go at making their own!
- Pregnancy & BirthSamantha Hayes excitedly announces the gender of her baby
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe truth about coconut oil: Is it actually as good for us as we've been told?
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMean Mums' Morgana O'Reilly gets candid about her school days
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 9:23am
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- Pregnancy & BirthFear and panic followed by joy: The Edge's Chang Hung welcomes his much longed-for daughter
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayJul 19, 2019
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesJul 19, 2019
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesJul 18, 2019
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019