It may feel counter-intuitive not to take an abundance of nappies and spare outfits, but superfluous baby gear is a real hindrance when you already have so much to carry and so little space.
Just take the necessities on board with you.
Easy access to the aisle is a real bonus, especially if your baby is unsettled.
Often parents are particularly conscious of disrupting other travellers, so you'll appreciate not needing to bother somebody to take a little walk or use the facilities.
For long haul flights, don't forget to book a bassinet as well.
Countdown's Smiling Tums is the perfect carry-on item, with pouch food being far and away the easiest way to feed while travelling.
With no added sugar, a terrific taste and a wide range of flavours, your little one will love them as much as you will.
They're also the perfect size and great value, so pop a few in your carry-on bag and enjoy the peace of mind of having it sorted.
These are incredibly helpful when travelling.
They're lighter and less bulky than a stroller, and having your hands free for other items as you board and exit the plane is priceless.
If you don't usually use a baby carrier, practise efficiently clipping baby in and out at home before you go, making sure it's correctly adjusted for their size.
Every parent and baby is different, and nobody knows your baby like you.
So despite well-meaning advice, sometimes you just need to go with your gut – especially when you're deciding on your destination and flight times, how much disruption to routine you and your little one can handle, and whether you'll need a friend or family member to travel with you for longer-distance travel.
- Married at First SightMAFS Patrick and Belinda: 'Pat will make a great Dad!'
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- Married at First SightMAFS Bryce & Melissa: 'We're getting our own show!'
Woman's DayMay 04, 2021
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021