It may feel counter-intuitive not to take an abundance of nappies and spare outfits, but superfluous baby gear is a real hindrance when you already have so much to carry and so little space.
Just take the necessities on board with you.
Easy access to the aisle is a real bonus, especially if your baby is unsettled.
Often parents are particularly conscious of disrupting other travellers, so you'll appreciate not needing to bother somebody to take a little walk or use the facilities.
For long haul flights, don't forget to book a bassinet as well.
Countdown's Smiling Tums is the perfect carry-on item, with pouch food being far and away the easiest way to feed while travelling.
With no added sugar, a terrific taste and a wide range of flavours, your little one will love them as much as you will.
They're also the perfect size and great value, so pop a few in your carry-on bag and enjoy the peace of mind of having it sorted.
These are incredibly helpful when travelling.
They're lighter and less bulky than a stroller, and having your hands free for other items as you board and exit the plane is priceless.
If you don't usually use a baby carrier, practise efficiently clipping baby in and out at home before you go, making sure it's correctly adjusted for their size.
Every parent and baby is different, and nobody knows your baby like you.
So despite well-meaning advice, sometimes you just need to go with your gut – especially when you're deciding on your destination and flight times, how much disruption to routine you and your little one can handle, and whether you'll need a friend or family member to travel with you for longer-distance travel.
- RoyalsThe Queen has stripped Prince Andrew of his military titles and royal patronages
Now To LoveJan 14, 2022
- Celebrity NewsAt home with Dame Kiri: 'You'll never want to leave!'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 13, 2022
- Real LifeOne-armed Kiwi dancer Brylee Mills reveals why her disability won't stop her
Woman's DayJan 13, 2022
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine’s portrait photographer, Paolo Roversi, reveals Prince William and the kids’ favourite photo, plus special behind the scenes details
The Australian Women's WeeklyJan 13, 2022
- Celebrity NewsChris and Mel Cairns: 'We're in this battle together'
Woman's DayJan 13, 2022
- Celebrity NewsIn memoriam: Paying tribute to the stars we have sadly lost in 2022
Now To LoveJan 11, 2022
- RoyalsThree new portraits of Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge have been released to mark her milestone 40th birthday
The Australian Women's WeeklyJan 09, 2022
- Celebrity NewsAll Blacks captain Sam Cane and wife Harriet's baby joy
Woman's DayJan 07, 2022