Kathleen Ann Shea posted her story on Facebook, in the hope that she might be able to track down, and possibly meet, her real birth mother.
The 25-year-old, who was originally named Jane Doe by social services, and now a mother herself of two young children, wrote that she understood her mother’s actions, and even understood “the heartache and decisions” her birth mother “must have gone through”.
“Well, for one, I have the utmost respect for my birth mother, considering she carried me, birthed me, and left me somewhere, knowing I’d be safe. Two, why wouldn’t I want to meet her?” Shea wrote.
Despite having very little information on her birth mother, Shea explains she does know a few things about her.
“She was a minor, as they did not release her name in any article”, Shea wrote, “ and she did turn herself in.”
Regardless of her tricky start to life, Shea had a very happy childhood. She was adopted when she was three months old, and was raised alongside two siblings, a sister and a brother, who were also adopted.
The mother of two writes that she desperately wants to know the woman, who left her all those years ago, and hopes others might share her story through the social networking site. She is hoping that, somehow, a connection to her birth mother can be found.
“I guess, well, I’m curious, in a way. If you cross my mind every day, then I’m hoping I cross yours every day. I guess I just want to see what could possibly help the void of not knowing.”
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank have revealed the name of their son
Now To LoveFeb 21, 2021
- RoyalsPrince Harry and Duchess Meghan are having another baby!
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2021
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie & husband Jack Brooksbank have welcomed their first child
Now To LoveFeb 10, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Paul Patterson: 'I'm cooking up romance'
Woman's DayFeb 03, 2021
- MindBeating the bottle: My party girl life was killing me
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 25, 2021
- TVOur broody Bachelorette: 'David Attenborough is my dream man'
Woman's DayJan 20, 2021
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020