There's something cooking in New Zealand politics.
With just over five months to go until the general election, some of our leading politicians seem to have just one thing on their minds - pizza.
Prime Minister Bill English took to social media this week to share a photo proving that, even though he runs the country, he's not too busy to cook dinner for his kids.
"Cooked dinner for the family last night - like if you agree with tinned spaghetti on pizza!," he wrote alongside a rather proud-looking photo of his culinary creations.
The leader of the country has since been blasted by food-lovers the world over for his choice of toppings.
"I might vote Labour now Bill. This is like shitting on Italy," Liam Stretch wrote alongside the pic.
Andrea Manni shared: "Bill please do not cook...I like you but spaghetti never go on a pizza. Contact me in private for free cooking lessons about Italian food ;)"
While it hasn't been confirmed, some think this pizza pic is in response to the Labour Party leaders going public with their own foodie preferences.
“We have these great conversations, many of them about pineapple on pizza,” leader Andrew Little told New Zealand Woman's Weekly this week. “I’m deeply opposed to it because it makes the pastry soggy and, honestly, would Italians really put pineapple on pizza? [Deputy leader] Jacinda [Ardern] definitely backs her leader on this matter.”
In fact, as Ardern told the magazine, she made an anti-Hawaiian pizza post on social media recently - before making a cheeky dig at the Prime Minister
“I lost and won votes on that day.
“Apparently Bill English likes pineapple on everything.”
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020
- CompetitionsWin the Ultimate Teeth Whitening Prize Pack thanks to Colgate Optic White
Woman's DayNov 23, 2020