A young tourist who was exploring New York’s Central Park has had his life changed forever, after his foot was ‘blown off’ by an explosive device.
Connor Golden, 19, was climbing on rocks with two friends when the accident occurred yesterday at 11am (local time).
Horrified witnesses describe seeing the severed foot and part of his left be ‘blown off’ in the blast.
The teenager was rushed to Bellevue Hospital in Manhattan in a critical condition.
It is believed Connor stepped on a firework on the ground, as there were traces of firework wrappers discovered on the rocks.
According to reports, Connor may need to have his left leg amputated to save his life.
Connor, originally from Washington DC, was visiting New York with his two friends, Thomas Hinds, 20, and Joseph Stabile, 18.
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019