The Boxing Day sales are notorious for bringing out the worst in people; footage of shoving, fighting and stealing products from other shoppers dominates coverage of the day.
Clothing store Culture Kings however has proven customer service and empathy is still the top priority in the wake of giving season.
Jordan McArthur battled huge Gold Coast crowds on Tuesday with his dad to use his $50 gift card he'd gotten for Christmas.
After spending over an hour picking his items and another hour queuing, the young boy realised he'd lost the voucher.
"He'd had it when we first lined up and he's somehow dropped it out of his pocket," dad Steven said.
Luckily, they had staff member Tah-Nee Beard who didn't hesitate in processing the sale anyway, giving Jordan his items for free.
"As his dad went to look for it, I just processed the sale. I felt sorry for him," she said.
While Jordan was stoked with the haul, his dad was especially grateful for the bigger lesson at play.
"They were able to give him something that I've been trying to give him his entire life and that's the lesson of giving," Steven said.
The family trekked down from their Logan home to thank the staff for their generosity and the owners gave Jordan some specially branded items that are not for sale in store on his return.
"It made me feel so happy," Jordan said.
Well, there's your feel good news for the week!
- Real LifeKiwi Mum's adventure: From America's Cup to Africa's Hero!
Now To LoveToday 8:00am
- Food & DrinksIf you love Scandi-style interiors then this latest kitchen trend is for you
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- TVThe Apprentice NZ's Kennedy Anderson: 'I was fired from my own company!'
Woman's DayJun 17, 2021
- Celebrity NewsMark Richardson on turning 50 and making his mark on the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 13, 2021
- TVDrag Race Down Under’s Elektra Shock: From homeless to healed
Woman's DayJun 12, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSuzanne Paul's forever glow and the lessons she's learned
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 05, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi mum's transformation: Jules from MAFS changed my life!'
Woman's DayJun 04, 2021
- At homeHow to create a kids room that will last through the ages
Now To LoveJun 03, 2021