The Boxing Day sales are notorious for bringing out the worst in people; footage of shoving, fighting and stealing products from other shoppers dominates coverage of the day.
Clothing store Culture Kings however has proven customer service and empathy is still the top priority in the wake of giving season.
Jordan McArthur battled huge Gold Coast crowds on Tuesday with his dad to use his $50 gift card he'd gotten for Christmas.
After spending over an hour picking his items and another hour queuing, the young boy realised he'd lost the voucher.
"He'd had it when we first lined up and he's somehow dropped it out of his pocket," dad Steven said.
Luckily, they had staff member Tah-Nee Beard who didn't hesitate in processing the sale anyway, giving Jordan his items for free.
"As his dad went to look for it, I just processed the sale. I felt sorry for him," she said.
While Jordan was stoked with the haul, his dad was especially grateful for the bigger lesson at play.
"They were able to give him something that I've been trying to give him his entire life and that's the lesson of giving," Steven said.
The family trekked down from their Logan home to thank the staff for their generosity and the owners gave Jordan some specially branded items that are not for sale in store on his return.
"It made me feel so happy," Jordan said.
Well, there's your feel good news for the week!
- FamilyMeet The Block NZ Ethan's little miracle son Marley
Woman's DayToday 8:15am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine shares two powerful images to commemorate Holocaust Memorial Day
Now To LoveToday 11:00am
- Relationships'It's a Bradaissance': Brad Pitt is back and the world couldn't be more excited
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:19am
- CareerThe Great Kiwi Bake-Off winner Trevor Hall's exciting new business venture
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- TVThe 10 most memorable entrances on The Bachelorette
Now To LoveYesterday 9:10pm
- FitnessRunning just once a week lowers your risk of early death - here's how to get started
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- CompetitionsBe in to win a seven day Wellness Retreat with Resolution Retreats!
- CareerMeet Christine Fernyhough - the intrepid Auckland housewife who took on a high country farm and won
The Australian Women's WeeklyJan 26, 2020
- RelationshipsJay-Jay Feeney dishes on her sizzling summer with her 'toyboy' Minou
Woman's DayJan 26, 2020
- MindHilary Barry's perfect clap back at a viewer: ‘Enough with the age-shaming’
Now To LoveJan 24, 2020