The Boxing Day sales are notorious for bringing out the worst in people; footage of shoving, fighting and stealing products from other shoppers dominates coverage of the day.
Clothing store Culture Kings however has proven customer service and empathy is still the top priority in the wake of giving season.
Jordan McArthur battled huge Gold Coast crowds on Tuesday with his dad to use his $50 gift card he'd gotten for Christmas.
After spending over an hour picking his items and another hour queuing, the young boy realised he'd lost the voucher.
"He'd had it when we first lined up and he's somehow dropped it out of his pocket," dad Steven said.
Luckily, they had staff member Tah-Nee Beard who didn't hesitate in processing the sale anyway, giving Jordan his items for free.
"As his dad went to look for it, I just processed the sale. I felt sorry for him," she said.
While Jordan was stoked with the haul, his dad was especially grateful for the bigger lesson at play.
"They were able to give him something that I've been trying to give him his entire life and that's the lesson of giving," Steven said.
The family trekked down from their Logan home to thank the staff for their generosity and the owners gave Jordan some specially branded items that are not for sale in store on his return.
"It made me feel so happy," Jordan said.
Well, there's your feel good news for the week!
- RoyalsThe Queen has stripped Prince Andrew of his military titles and royal patronages
Now To LoveJan 14, 2022
- Celebrity NewsAt home with Dame Kiri: 'You'll never want to leave!'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 13, 2022
- Real LifeOne-armed Kiwi dancer Brylee Mills reveals why her disability won't stop her
Woman's DayJan 13, 2022
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine’s portrait photographer, Paolo Roversi, reveals Prince William and the kids’ favourite photo, plus special behind the scenes details
The Australian Women's WeeklyJan 13, 2022
- Celebrity NewsChris and Mel Cairns: 'We're in this battle together'
Woman's DayJan 13, 2022
- Celebrity NewsIn memoriam: Paying tribute to the stars we have sadly lost in 2022
Now To LoveJan 11, 2022
- RoyalsThree new portraits of Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge have been released to mark her milestone 40th birthday
The Australian Women's WeeklyJan 09, 2022
- Celebrity NewsAll Blacks captain Sam Cane and wife Harriet's baby joy
Woman's DayJan 07, 2022