The Boxing Day sales are notorious for bringing out the worst in people; footage of shoving, fighting and stealing products from other shoppers dominates coverage of the day.
Clothing store Culture Kings however has proven customer service and empathy is still the top priority in the wake of giving season.
Jordan McArthur battled huge Gold Coast crowds on Tuesday with his dad to use his $50 gift card he'd gotten for Christmas.
After spending over an hour picking his items and another hour queuing, the young boy realised he'd lost the voucher.
"He'd had it when we first lined up and he's somehow dropped it out of his pocket," dad Steven said.
Luckily, they had staff member Tah-Nee Beard who didn't hesitate in processing the sale anyway, giving Jordan his items for free.
"As his dad went to look for it, I just processed the sale. I felt sorry for him," she said.
While Jordan was stoked with the haul, his dad was especially grateful for the bigger lesson at play.
"They were able to give him something that I've been trying to give him his entire life and that's the lesson of giving," Steven said.
The family trekked down from their Logan home to thank the staff for their generosity and the owners gave Jordan some specially branded items that are not for sale in store on his return.
"It made me feel so happy," Jordan said.
Well, there's your feel good news for the week!
- CompetitionsWin a Limited Edition Sacred Hill Copper Foil Print
Good Health ChoicesToday 5:00pm
- BodyCould a weighted blanket help you stress less and sleep better?
Now To LoveToday 4:15pm
- CareerWhat Kiwi actress Ginette McDonald really thinks of her daughter Kate McGill following in her footsteps
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:30am
- RoyalsPrince Harry’s reaction to this boy not believing he’s a real royal is seriously priceless
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- FamilyHow art therapy helped us cope with the grief of losing their dad
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:04am
- Real LifeThe question that caused Jacinda Ardern to falter during her visit to Cashmere High School
Now To LoveYesterday 4:39pm
- FitnessThe reasons why you should also be foam rolling before you work out
Now To LoveYesterday 4:30pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine has made her first ever solo public appearance with The Queen
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- FamilyAt home with Sam Wallace and his adorable new obsession - baby Brando
Woman's DayYesterday 1:50pm
- FamilyEight ways to get your kids off their screens and out into nature
Now To LoveYesterday 11:43am