US candy company Skittles have just released what will probably be remembered as the strangest Mother’s Day ad in history.
In case you can’t bring yourself to watch the ad above, here’s a précis of what takes place.
Picture this: a mother and her grown son are sitting on a couch sharing a bag of Skittles. As the mother pops the candy into her mouth, her son guesses the flavour of each piece.
What comes next though is the stuff of nightmares.
As the camera pans down it reveals the son and mother are connected by a large umbilical cord. As the mum eats the candy, the son ‘tastes’ the flavours – complete with weird, squishy umbilical sounds.
If we haven’t lost you there, there’s the creepy closing of the son saying “I miss dad” then the pair both laughing.
Skittles aren’t shy about making strange ads. Previous campaigns have centred on a whole raft of weird ideas including one which shows teens sharing the contagious condition known as 'Skittle Pox'.
- BodyThe simple way to treat ageing skin concerns at home
Now To LoveToday 4:40pm
- TVCarolyn Taylor's epiphany since her return to TV on Dancing With The Stars
Woman's DayToday 2:00pm
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- FamilyEight foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:42am