If you’re still getting to grips with bulletproof coffee – that’s a lump of butter in your long black – you’re behind the eightball with avolattes now the trendiest caffeine concoction.
In case you're wondering what it is, the avolatte is a coffee creation served in what would possibly be the discarded skin of an avocado.
And of course, thanks to the internet, and this video posted to Instagram last week by the Truman Café in Melbourne, it’s become a thing.
The video has been seen by thousands of people so far, with many weighing in on whether the avo-coffee combo is something they’d try.
There’s speculation the mash-up could be a joke after comments made by property mogul Tim Gurner last week that millennial home ownership rates were down due to their excessive spending.
Gurner's remarks made headlines when he told 60 Minutes “When I was trying to buy my first home, I wasn’t buying smashed avocado for $19 and four coffees at $4 each.”
The café’s head barista Jaydin Nathan told the Australian Associated Press a few customers have been game enough to order the coffee which sells for the same price as a regular coffee.
“Maybe some people thought it was meant to be a joke but food is meant to be fun, food is meant to be art.
Nathan joked if the coffee took off, he might be able to get into the housing market himself.
“If some people want to give some of their hard-earned cash away to help me with a deposit on a house, that would be great.”
- TVOur broody Bachelorette: 'David Attenborough is my dream man'
Woman's DayJan 20, 2021
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020