If you’re still getting to grips with bulletproof coffee – that’s a lump of butter in your long black – you’re behind the eightball with avolattes now the trendiest caffeine concoction.
In case you're wondering what it is, the avolatte is a coffee creation served in what would possibly be the discarded skin of an avocado.
And of course, thanks to the internet, and this video posted to Instagram last week by the Truman Café in Melbourne, it’s become a thing.
The video has been seen by thousands of people so far, with many weighing in on whether the avo-coffee combo is something they’d try.
There’s speculation the mash-up could be a joke after comments made by property mogul Tim Gurner last week that millennial home ownership rates were down due to their excessive spending.
Gurner's remarks made headlines when he told 60 Minutes “When I was trying to buy my first home, I wasn’t buying smashed avocado for $19 and four coffees at $4 each.”
The café’s head barista Jaydin Nathan told the Australian Associated Press a few customers have been game enough to order the coffee which sells for the same price as a regular coffee.
“Maybe some people thought it was meant to be a joke but food is meant to be fun, food is meant to be art.
Nathan joked if the coffee took off, he might be able to get into the housing market himself.
“If some people want to give some of their hard-earned cash away to help me with a deposit on a house, that would be great.”
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveToday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveToday 11:31am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- TVDancing With The Stars' Manu Vatuvei's biggest fear when it comes to the dance floor
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsDoting dad Ronan Keating enjoys a family day out at Auckland's waterfront
Woman's DayApr 21, 2019
- BodyMatilda Green talks motherhood, mental wellbeing and her plans for the future
Good Health ChoicesApr 21, 2019
- FitnessThese dance workouts will be so fun that you won't even feel like you're exercising
Good Health ChoicesApr 20, 2019
- RoyalsHappy birthday Her Majesty! Celebrating 93 years with Queen Elizabeth II
Now To LoveApr 20, 2019