If you’re still getting to grips with bulletproof coffee – that’s a lump of butter in your long black – you’re behind the eightball with avolattes now the trendiest caffeine concoction.
In case you're wondering what it is, the avolatte is a coffee creation served in what would possibly be the discarded skin of an avocado.
And of course, thanks to the internet, and this video posted to Instagram last week by the Truman Café in Melbourne, it’s become a thing.
The video has been seen by thousands of people so far, with many weighing in on whether the avo-coffee combo is something they’d try.
There’s speculation the mash-up could be a joke after comments made by property mogul Tim Gurner last week that millennial home ownership rates were down due to their excessive spending.
Gurner's remarks made headlines when he told 60 Minutes “When I was trying to buy my first home, I wasn’t buying smashed avocado for $19 and four coffees at $4 each.”
The café’s head barista Jaydin Nathan told the Australian Associated Press a few customers have been game enough to order the coffee which sells for the same price as a regular coffee.
“Maybe some people thought it was meant to be a joke but food is meant to be fun, food is meant to be art.
Nathan joked if the coffee took off, he might be able to get into the housing market himself.
“If some people want to give some of their hard-earned cash away to help me with a deposit on a house, that would be great.”
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsWhy we’re unlikely to see much of Duchess Catherine and Prince William over the coming month
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- WeddingsA wedding photographer has sparked heated debate after urging wedding guests to put away their phones
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayYesterday 9:30am
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:17am
- FamilyShortland Street's Laurel Devenie introduces her gorgeous new arrival to the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- Relationships9 common dating mistakes - and how you can avoid making them
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Sophia and Mikaere disqualified after cheating scandal
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- FamilyRobbie Magasiva opens up about the devastating loss of his beloved brother Pua
Woman's DayJul 15, 2019