If you’re still getting to grips with bulletproof coffee – that’s a lump of butter in your long black – you’re behind the eightball with avolattes now the trendiest caffeine concoction.
In case you're wondering what it is, the avolatte is a coffee creation served in what would possibly be the discarded skin of an avocado.
And of course, thanks to the internet, and this video posted to Instagram last week by the Truman Café in Melbourne, it’s become a thing.
The video has been seen by thousands of people so far, with many weighing in on whether the avo-coffee combo is something they’d try.
There’s speculation the mash-up could be a joke after comments made by property mogul Tim Gurner last week that millennial home ownership rates were down due to their excessive spending.
Gurner's remarks made headlines when he told 60 Minutes “When I was trying to buy my first home, I wasn’t buying smashed avocado for $19 and four coffees at $4 each.”
The café’s head barista Jaydin Nathan told the Australian Associated Press a few customers have been game enough to order the coffee which sells for the same price as a regular coffee.
“Maybe some people thought it was meant to be a joke but food is meant to be fun, food is meant to be art.
Nathan joked if the coffee took off, he might be able to get into the housing market himself.
“If some people want to give some of their hard-earned cash away to help me with a deposit on a house, that would be great.”
- Diet & NutritionJamie Oliver opens up about his recent weight loss and his mission to inspire healthy eating
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- FamilySamantha Hayes' baby Marlow joins her on the newsdesk and all we can say is awww!
Now To LoveToday 6:40pm
- RoyalsThe Sun's executive editor Kiwi Dan Wootton on his royal scoops and tabloid career
Now To LoveToday 2:45pm
- BodyWhy we should all be exercising our pelvic floor muscles every day
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- RoyalsPrince Harry asks to simply be called ‘Harry’ during his first engagement since moving to Canada
Now To LoveYesterday 11:50am
- RoyalsThere has been a coronavirus scare at Prince George and Princess Charlotte’s school in London
Now To LoveYesterday 10:05am
- WeddingsHappily ever after: Meet the Kiwi bride who has married herself
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:21am
- FamilyShe was my escape: Taylor Swift's heartbreak over her mum's health scare
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:09am
- WeddingsRebekah Palmer's dreamy summer wedding was a day full of surprises
Woman's DayYesterday 8:15am