This is the terrifying moment an 11-year-old boy came home from school and came face-to-face with a suspected burglar.
Police say the boy was cool, calm and collected as he saw the stranger and managed to get away safely out the front door and into a neighbour’s house.
The whole event was caught on a camera from inside the New Jersey home – the man’s face can be clearly seen as wanders in from the back door and seems to be casing out the house.
The man left back out the way he came shortly after seeing the boy but not before allegedly stealing the child’s phone.
Wayne Police Deputy Captain Laurence Martin told ABC News in the US the boy did the right thing in just getting out of the house.
“I got to give him credit [and] thumbs up. He did everything correct,” said Martin.
According to ABC News the suspect is now behind bars but has not entered a plea. Though he did allegedly did tell police he was sorry for frightening the child.
- TVElisabeth Easther on why "it's good to be bad" playing her Shorty character
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 21, 2022
- Celebrity NewsErin Simpson and Zac Franich's baby joy: 'We're finally having a baby!'
Now To LoveJan 20, 2022
- Real LifeRadio star Steve Broad reveals the tragedy that motivates him
Woman's DayJan 19, 2022
- RoyalsPrince William’s romantic surprise on Kate Middleton’s birthday
Now To LoveJan 17, 2022
- RoyalsThe Queen has stripped Prince Andrew of his military titles and royal patronages
Now To LoveJan 14, 2022