There is no one nastier than the stranger who stands behind you in a queue and makes derogatory comments about your appearance.
You know she's talking about you because you've just reached the front of the line and she's directly behind you. There's nobody else she could possibly be referring to.
You can choose to ignore her, as you quietly bristle with hurt and anger. Or you can take your sweet revenge. And that's the course of action Indiana teenager Vega Blossom took when the woman behind her in line at a bakery referred to her as a "fat b*tch".
Vega Blossom had been queuing at her favourite bakery in Valparaiso, Indiana just before closing time at an Easter sale. It had taken a while for the woman in front of her to get her cake, but when Blossom finally reached the front of the queue, she heard the woman behind her tell her friend, "Thank god, let's hope this fat b*tch doesn't buy all the cupcakes".
Blossom took to Facebook to share what happened next.
"Orignially I was buying six," she divulged to her FB friends. "But as soon as i heard that I BOUGHT EVERY DAMN CUPCAKE."
Blossom bought the store's entire remaining stock of 20 cupcakes, at a cost of US$54. And she was happy to admit she did it "JUST TO BE A BITCH."
Blossom's post has since gone viral, racking up over 73,000 likes and over 24,000 shares.
The 19-year-old student and barista, who is a (NZ) size 22 dress size, told the Daily Mail, "Things like this usually wouldn't bug me, but the fact that I didn't know these women, and they said this so rudely and loudly - so I could obviously hear it - was different than other times."
She shared that she'd grown up a "chubbier girl" and "always got snide comments about my weight" from others.
But being used to it doesn't mean it doesn't hurt - and in this instance Vega Blossom felt compelled to teach her perpetrators "a lesson about respecting others".
She told the Daily Mail that the women sneered at her as she made her purchase.
So to make her revenge even sweeter, she asked them to open the door for her as she left the store. Well, her hands were full!
Blossom shared her sweet treats with her workmates, friends and family.
And the cupcakes were apparently delicious!
- FamilyJacinda Ardern reveals who Neve gets her 'strong will' from
Now To LoveToday 10:42am
- TVMy Kitchen Rules' Piper breaks her silence on her relationship with Victor
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- BodyHayley Holt opens up about how sobriety has made her braver and stronger
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:30am
- Pregnancy & BirthSamantha Hayes excitedly announces the gender of her baby
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe truth about coconut oil: Is it actually as good for us as we've been told?
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMean Mums' Morgana O'Reilly gets candid about her school days
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 9:23am
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- Pregnancy & BirthFear and panic followed by joy: The Edge's Chang Hung welcomes his much longed-for daughter
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayJul 19, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS' Tamara Joy has hooked up with the brother of a fellow MAFS bride
Now To LoveJul 19, 2019
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesJul 19, 2019
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019