A BBC reporter took a very unexpected plunge while interviewing members of England's swim team at the Commonwealth Games on Wednesday.
Reporter Mike Bushell, live on air, was sitting on the pool edge when he decided to move over to speak to one of the athletes. However, he didn't realise how deep the pool actually was and tumbled into it.
"I didn't see the step! Sorry about that," Bushell exclaimed after the incident.
The soaking wet reporter tried to compose himself and get the interview back on track but the English swimmers failed to do likewise and broke down in fits of giggles.
The interview was then cut short when it became apparent that the reporter's microphone was no longer working after the plunge.
Bushell later told his BBC colleagues that he didn't realise how deep the pool was. "I just thought it was a little Jacuzzi or a kid's pool. I didn't realise there was a step there."
- RoyalsUPDATED: Harry and Meghan's bombshell interview with Oprah airs in NZ next week
Now To LoveMar 01, 2021
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank have revealed the name of their son
Now To LoveFeb 21, 2021
- RoyalsPrince Harry and Duchess Meghan are having another baby!
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2021
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie & husband Jack Brooksbank have welcomed their first child
Now To LoveFeb 10, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Paul Patterson: 'I'm cooking up romance'
Woman's DayFeb 03, 2021
- MindBeating the bottle: My party girl life was killing me
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 25, 2021