A BBC reporter took a very unexpected plunge while interviewing members of England's swim team at the Commonwealth Games on Wednesday.
Reporter Mike Bushell, live on air, was sitting on the pool edge when he decided to move over to speak to one of the athletes. However, he didn't realise how deep the pool actually was and tumbled into it.
"I didn't see the step! Sorry about that," Bushell exclaimed after the incident.
The soaking wet reporter tried to compose himself and get the interview back on track but the English swimmers failed to do likewise and broke down in fits of giggles.
The interview was then cut short when it became apparent that the reporter's microphone was no longer working after the plunge.
Bushell later told his BBC colleagues that he didn't realise how deep the pool was. "I just thought it was a little Jacuzzi or a kid's pool. I didn't realise there was a step there."
- Celebrity NewsJacinda Ardern and Clarke Gayford set a wedding date!
Woman's DayMay 12, 2021
- SkincareAll you need to know about retinol and anti-ageing ingredients
Now To LoveMay 06, 2021
- Married at First SightMAFS Patrick and Belinda: 'Pat will make a great Dad!'
Woman's DayMay 05, 2021
- Married at First SightMAFS Bryce & Melissa: 'We're getting our own show!'
Woman's DayMay 04, 2021
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021