A journalist in India continued reading the news, despite discovering - live on air - the victim of the fatal car crash she was covering was her husband.
Supreet Kaur, who reads the news for IBC24 channel, was being given details from a reporter on the phone as she delivered the breaking news report.
Watch the video here. Story continues below
The reporter didn’t identify the three fatalities by name, but there were enough details for Supreet to realise one of the victims was her husband, Harsad Kawade.
The Sun reports it was the same model of car, a Renault Duster, and she knew he was on that same road at the time with a group of friends.
The 28-year-old maintained her composure and continued to read the news for a further 10 minutes before breaking down off camera.
The Sun reports a senior editor later revealed that staff knew that her husband was dead while she was live on the news but they didn't know what to do.
“But we did not tell her. We did not have the courage. She got a sense that it was her husband’s vehicle," the editor said.
“She read the bulletin and only when she came out of the studio, she started calling her relatives.”
A colleague added: “She is an extremely brave lady. We are proud of her as an anchor, but what happened today has left us in shock.”
Supreet and Harsad reportedly got married a year ago and have a young daughter together.
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsWhy we’re unlikely to see much of Duchess Catherine and Prince William over the coming month
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- WeddingsA wedding photographer has sparked heated debate after urging wedding guests to put away their phones
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayYesterday 9:30am
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:17am
- FamilyShortland Street's Laurel Devenie introduces her gorgeous new arrival to the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- Relationships9 common dating mistakes - and how you can avoid making them
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Sophia and Mikaere disqualified after cheating scandal
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- FamilyRobbie Magasiva opens up about the devastating loss of his beloved brother Pua
Woman's DayJul 15, 2019