Monopoly maniacs around the world have spoken and iconic tokens the boot, the wheelbarrow and the thimble are out, but three new pieces have made the grade.
New tokens stepping up to pass Go are a duck, dinosaur and a penguin - all given the green light by fans of the ever-popular board game.
A survey polled more than 4.3 million Monopoly players across 100 countries to find out which tokens fans favoured the most, and wanted to see in the next generation of the game.
Taking out the top spot on the fan-picked list was the ever-popular Scottie Dog, coming in with 212,000 votes.
Securing second place was newcomer to the pack T-Rex, with game original, the car, coming in third.
Relative newcomer to the pack, the Hazel the cat – introduced to the game in 2013 continues to prove popular, and while the battleship will set sail on the high seas of chance once more , the token’s last place position doesn’t bode so well for its future.
Two of the figurines voted off the popular board game – the boot and the thimble - were part of the original token set included in the game created in the 1930s.
Original inspiration for the tokens came from the game's inventor, Charles Darrow, who modeled the set on a charm bracelet belonging to his niece.
The tokens were updated in the 1950s when the lantern, purse and rocking horse were replaced by the wheelbarrow, Scottie dog, and horse with rider.
50 game pieces were up for the vote this time round including emojis, inventions and fashion tokens.
“The next generation of tokens clearly represents the interests of our fans around the world and we’re proud to have our iconic game impacted by the people that feel most passionate about playing it,” said Jonathan Berkowitz of Hasbro games.
The new pieces will be available to buy for a short period, but all Monopoly games will be updated in September.
- Celebrity NewsLady Gaga has called off her engagement to Christian Carino
Now To LoveToday 1:45pm
- Married at First SightMarried At First Sight's Bronson breaks his silence on THAT comment to Ines
Now To LoveYesterday 3:36pm
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveYesterday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveYesterday 11:19am
- Married at First SightThe truth about MAFS' Sam Ball's honeymoon vanishing act - his ex-girlfriend speaks out
Now To LoveYesterday 11:10am
- RoyalsWhy Prince William and Duchess Catherine will be taking a break from their royal duties this week
Now To LoveYesterday 10:15am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayYesterday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveFeb 18, 2019
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveFeb 18, 2019