The brother of child beauty queen JonBenét Ramsey has given his first interview since his little sister went missing 20 years ago.
Burke Ramsey, now 29, was just nine-years-old when his younger sister disappeared on Boxing Day 1996.
And now in an interview with America’s Dr. Phil, the brother has spoken out for the first time about what he remembers from that time.
“The first thing I remember is my mum bursting into my room, really frantic, saying ‘Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!’ running around my room,” he explains.
“The next thing I remember is a police officer coming into my room and shining a flashlight.”
He also explains why he has finally decided to break his silence, after 20 years out of the spotlight.
“For a long time the media basically made our lives crazy,” Burke explains.
“It’s hard to miss the cameras and news trucks in the front yard.”
JonBenét’s body was eventually found in the basement of the family home, tangled in a garrotte with a severe blow to the head.
But two decades on, police are no closer to finding the child beauty queen’s killer, though fingers were originally pointed at Burke and his parents.
A two-hour documentary on the case, Who Killed JonBenét, screened in Australia on Friday, which also featured police detective Jane Harmer in her first ever television appearance.
Also featured was 911 operator Kimberly Archuleta, who took the call from JonBenét’s mother Patsy. Kimberly says she felt “something wasn’t right” with the call, and claims she heard a mysterious “third male voice” in addition to Patsy and her husband’s, John.
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine reveals one of Prince Louis’ surprising first words
Now To LoveToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsPrincess Beatrice’s sweet text to Ellie Goulding about their friendship was revealed on TV
Now To LoveToday 10:40am
- FamilyParaplegic dad's joy: The newborn son we never thought we'd have
Woman's DayToday 9:45am
- CareerHow footwear designer Kathryn Wilson uses her Samsung Galaxy Note10+ for work and play
Now To LoveToday 9:42am
- CompetitionsWin a gum health prize pack with Oral B and NZ Woman’s Weekly!
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- RelationshipsJay-Jay Feeney's hot new romance: 'Meet my toyboy lover'
Woman's DayToday 8:10am
- MindWhy procrastination can be more harmful than we think - and what we can do about it
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- RelationshipsWho was Lezlie Manukian? The Californian girl who swindled a Kiwi family out of their life savings
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- FamilyChristmas with the stars: How Laura McGoldrick will be spending the holidays
Woman's DayYesterday 7:55am
- PetsCaring for elderly pets (the trick is to think of them as furry grandparents)
Now To LoveDec 13, 2019
- SkincareThe surprising benefits of caffeine for your skin and body
Now To LoveDec 13, 2019
- BodyPerimenopause: the 'change before the change' explained
The Australian Women's WeeklyDec 13, 2019