After living on the streets for 25 years, it's easy for homeless individuals to lose their sense of self, and even easier for the general public to forget their humanity.
A posh salon on the Spanish island of Majorca gave Jose Antonio a complete makeover, after he walked into the salon bearded, with long, straggly hair and dirty clothes.
The La Salvajeria salon kept Jose's reflection hidden throughout the process, so he couldn't see his new look taking shape.
But after washing, clipping and cutting away at Jose's hair and beard, his transformation was complete, and it brought him to tears.
The video of Jose's reaction to his transformed appearance has gone viral this week, that the salon released to celebrate their third anniversary in business.
Staring at himself in the mirror, Jose breaks down and says: "F*, my God, this is incredible, is this me?"
"I’m so different, no-one’s going to recognise me unless I tell them who I am."
Jose was right. After sitting down at a local bar where the owners know him as a local homeless man, he was served a beer and treated like a complete stranger.
The former electrician ended up homeless after a long struggle with depression, he explained.
And since the video was shot (it was originally filmed in the summer of 2015), the good news is that Jose is off the streets and looking for work.
"It wasn't just a change of look. It changed my life. What I want now is a proper job."
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019