Aucklander Geeling Ng was cast in Bowie’s music video for the 1983 hit song, China Girl which won the MTV video Award for Best Male Video when it was released.
“I’m really shocked,” she said to the NZ Herald of his passing on Sunday.
“It’s kind of like losing a part of your life cause A) he was such a hero to me and then B) after doing the video, my life really changed… I’ve lost a very key and integral part of my life,” the China Girl told Newstalk ZB.
The prolific musician died surrounded by his family after an 18 month battle with cancer, and the news of his death has not only shaken the Kiwi model and actress, but the world.
“He was the most incredibly talented person ... so warm and engaging.”
The Kiwi star spoke of her joy for being the star of his music video. "I'm immensely proud, utterly proud to be China Girl," Ng said. "I'll go to my grave with that."
Watch the video for China Girl here
- FamilyThe Kiwi mum who couldn't find a decent parenting book so wrote one herself
Now To LoveToday 8:30pm
- BodyThe simple way to treat ageing skin concerns at home
Now To LoveToday 4:40pm
- TVCarolyn Taylor's epiphany since her return to TV on Dancing With The Stars
Woman's DayToday 2:00pm
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- FamilyEight foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am