A thief who stole an elderly dementia sufferer’s wedding ring right off her hand has been jailed for nearly 10 years.
Dwayne Hollingworth, 27, posed as a door-to-door salesman selling heavily discounted meat to trick his way in 89-year-old Alice Swale’s Hull home.
Once inside, Hollingworth, who was under the influence of drugs and alcohol at the time, asked to used the bathroom but instead ransacked Swale’s bedroom, the Hull Daily Mail reports.
He then returned downstairs, where security cameras installed by Swale’s son recorded him tackling the frail pensioner to the ground. As he sits on top of her, Hollingworth can be seen violently ripping the rings off her hands, including the gold wedding band she had worn for 48 years.
The judge blasted the “vile” attack before sentencing Hollingworth to nearly a decade behind bars.
- FitnessRunning just once a week lowers your risk of early death - here's how to get started
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMeet Christine Fernyhough - the intrepid Auckland housewife who took on a high country farm and won
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- RelationshipsJay-Jay Feeney dishes on her sizzling summer with her 'toyboy' Minou
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- MindHilary Barry's perfect clap back at a viewer: ‘Enough with the age-shaming’
Now To LoveJan 24, 2020
- Diet & NutritionDiet and ‘detox’ teas have been pulled from New Zealand shelves
Now To LoveJan 23, 2020
- CareerNigella Lawson's new direction at 60: 'I feel so much more open to anything and everything'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 23, 2020
- WeddingsIt's love-all for tennis star Michael Venus as he marries the mother of his child
Woman's DayJan 23, 2020