A thief who stole an elderly dementia sufferer’s wedding ring right off her hand has been jailed for nearly 10 years.
Dwayne Hollingworth, 27, posed as a door-to-door salesman selling heavily discounted meat to trick his way in 89-year-old Alice Swale’s Hull home.
Once inside, Hollingworth, who was under the influence of drugs and alcohol at the time, asked to used the bathroom but instead ransacked Swale’s bedroom, the Hull Daily Mail reports.
He then returned downstairs, where security cameras installed by Swale’s son recorded him tackling the frail pensioner to the ground. As he sits on top of her, Hollingworth can be seen violently ripping the rings off her hands, including the gold wedding band she had worn for 48 years.
The judge blasted the “vile” attack before sentencing Hollingworth to nearly a decade behind bars.
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Lexie and Hamish are moving in together!
Woman's DayMar 11, 2021
- TVHit single Moses: 'I didn't think I deserved love!'
Woman's DayMar 09, 2021
- TVHere are the queens competing in RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Now To LoveMar 07, 2021