A UK boy sparked a police operation after he went missing before school, but was later found hiding under his bed by a search team.
Michelle Dinning entered her nine-year-old son Josh’s room earlier this week to wake him up in time for school, but her son appeared to have vanished overnight.
Panicked, Dinning, 49, called the police, who then called in a force helicopter and dog section to search for the missing boy.
According to Yahoo! News, police searched the family home, before taking their search to the streets.
As the search grew, spreading across nearby bushes, outbuilding and gardens, Dinnning’s worried neighbours handed out pictures of Josh at the local shops.
And while fears of the boys whereabouts mounted, little did the police, or the concerned mother-of-eight, know that Josh was actually still at home – hiding underneath his bed.
Four hours into the search, police returned to the Dinning’s family home to see if they had missed anything in their initial search.
Well, it seems they did.
As reported by Yahoo! News, apparently Josh had crawled through a tiny gap in the bottom of his wooden bed frame, out of sight from anyone quickly peering beneath his bed.
“I could hear people looking for me and I thought I had better stay quiet because when they found me I would get shouted and bawled at so I just stayed where I was,” Josh explained.
Josh's mum, while embarrassed by the fuss, was happy to have her boy back.
“I just couldn't bring myself to be angry with him, the relief that he was alive and well was just too much,” Dinning said. "Even the police officer who was leading the search was in tears."
WATCH: Navy SEAL reveals important reason he makes his bed every day
- MoneyMoney expert Mary Holm reveals how much money you really need in the bank when you retire - and it's not as much as you think
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsFlower arranging and cute cookies: Inside Duchess Meghan's gorgeous baby shower
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- BodyKiwi teen's bizarre diagnosis: 'You have a plant growing in your ear'
Now To LoveToday 8:20am
- RoyalsWho are all the celebrity guests at Duchess Meghan's baby shower?
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- Parenting NewsZoe Marshall urges: don't kiss other people's babies on the mouth
Now To LoveYesterday 1:31pm
- RoyalsBeyonce and JAY-Z just made a surprising tribute to Duchess Meghan in their Brit Awards acceptance speech
Now To LoveYesterday 12:05pm
- Celebrity NewsCoro Street's new bad girl - Connie Hyde reveals what it's like playing Sally's sister Gina
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:22am
- TVSir David Attenborough the legend: how he's still producing groundbreaking TV series at age 92
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- RoyalsSerena Williams joins Duchess Meghan for a night out in New York City
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Elizabeth and Bronson speak out about the developing affair between Sam and Ines
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsLady Gaga has called off her engagement to Christian Carino
Now To LoveFeb 20, 2019