What do you do when a bear walks into your backyard, drinks your margarita, then takes a dip in your jacuzzi?
Sounds like we're telling you a joke but if you're waiting for the punch line, this happened for real to a guy in California.
Mark Hough had just sat down with his Friday afternoon margarita when he heard rustling in the nearby bushes to his Altadena, California, backyard.
When he got up to investigate he found that "lo and behold there's a bear climbing up over my fence."
Over the course of the afternoon the bear popped in several times to knock over and drink Hough's abandoned margarita, take a dip in his pool and get comfy in the jacuzzi, jet streams on.
Hough recorded video of some of the bear's antics.
"He was playing having a grand old time," he said. About an hour afterward he saw the bear sleeping in a tree - clearly completely relaxed after what can only be described as the perfect afternoon.
Bear sightings are not uncommon in the area as it straddles urban and wooded parts. Despite Los Angeles County Sheriff's Deputy Joana Warren saying the department received six bear-sighting calls that Friday, they didn't find the bear, who had eventually wandered off after waking from its nap.
What can we say? Bears just wanna have fun!
- BodyDr Libby on why we're overusing the word 'stressed' and how we should really be thinking about the term
Good Health ChoicesToday 12:00pm
- Family50 years on from the Manson murders Debra Tate speaks out about her sister Sharon's murder
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- TVHow Athena Angelou went from homeless to radio star in just a few short years
Woman's DayToday 7:55am
- Diet & NutritionHow to ensure you're putting the most nutritious grocery options in your trolley
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerWhy Jennifer Aniston is looking to the future with a new focus
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- TVThe Block NZ favourites Ethan and Sam: 'We had a rough run but we stayed true to ourselves'
Woman's DayYesterday 7:30am
- RoyalsPrince Harry shares more details about his upcoming mental health TV series with Oprah
Now To LoveSep 20, 2019
- CareerMy life is stranger than fiction says NZ Children's Book Awards winner Bren MacDibble
New Zealand Woman's WeeklySep 20, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ winners Lisa and Ribz reveal their post-show plans
Woman's DaySep 20, 2019
- MindWhy Shortland Street's Ana Scotney was forced to quit social media
Woman's DaySep 19, 2019
- CareerTech-savvy granny: Meet Val, a social media queen at 90
New Zealand Woman's WeeklySep 19, 2019
- CompetitionsWin one of five prize packs from Arnott’s worth $100
Good Health ChoicesSep 19, 2019