What do you do when a bear walks into your backyard, drinks your margarita, then takes a dip in your jacuzzi?
Sounds like we're telling you a joke but if you're waiting for the punch line, this happened for real to a guy in California.
Mark Hough had just sat down with his Friday afternoon margarita when he heard rustling in the nearby bushes to his Altadena, California, backyard.
When he got up to investigate he found that "lo and behold there's a bear climbing up over my fence."
Over the course of the afternoon the bear popped in several times to knock over and drink Hough's abandoned margarita, take a dip in his pool and get comfy in the jacuzzi, jet streams on.
Hough recorded video of some of the bear's antics.
"He was playing having a grand old time," he said. About an hour afterward he saw the bear sleeping in a tree - clearly completely relaxed after what can only be described as the perfect afternoon.
Bear sightings are not uncommon in the area as it straddles urban and wooded parts. Despite Los Angeles County Sheriff's Deputy Joana Warren saying the department received six bear-sighting calls that Friday, they didn't find the bear, who had eventually wandered off after waking from its nap.
What can we say? Bears just wanna have fun!
- CompetitionsWin a Fitbit Versa Lite prizepack for Diabetes Action Month
Now To LoveToday 7:00am
- Body4 reasons why a visit to this hidden oasis will have you feeling summer-ready
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson zooms around an airport on a motorised suitcase in a hilarious new video
Now To LoveToday 12:15pm
- RoyalsIs Duchess Catherine getting her own television show?
Now To LoveToday 10:05am
- CareerKeeping Up With The Kaimanawas horse whisperer Kelly Wilson on the stallion that changed her life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:36am
- Career'You just have to be yourself': Ingrid Hipkiss on taking over from Samantha Hayes on the 6pm news
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:25am
- WeddingsZac Franich and Erin Simpson's magical wedding day
Woman's DayToday 9:15am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan steps out in $50,000 ruby earrings by Kiwi designer Jessica McCormack
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- FamilyAt home with Matilda and Art Green: 'Baby Milo is our dream come true'
Woman's DayYesterday 10:55am
- RoyalsPlastic surgery clinic slammed for misusing Kate Middleton's face to promote face lift
Now To LoveYesterday 10:45am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine wore this special brooch on Remembrance Sunday for a very touching reason
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- CompetitionsWin a set of pearls thanks to Michael Hill Jewellers
Woman's DayYesterday 7:00am
- RelationshipsWestside actress Jessica Grace Smith's romantic beachside proposal
Woman's DayNov 10, 2019
- MindWhy saying 'yes' to stress can actually benefit us
Good Health ChoicesNov 09, 2019
- BodyRenee Wright: Why I'm prioritising my health this summer
NEXTNov 09, 2019