What do you do when a bear walks into your backyard, drinks your margarita, then takes a dip in your jacuzzi?
Sounds like we're telling you a joke but if you're waiting for the punch line, this happened for real to a guy in California.
Mark Hough had just sat down with his Friday afternoon margarita when he heard rustling in the nearby bushes to his Altadena, California, backyard.
When he got up to investigate he found that "lo and behold there's a bear climbing up over my fence."
Over the course of the afternoon the bear popped in several times to knock over and drink Hough's abandoned margarita, take a dip in his pool and get comfy in the jacuzzi, jet streams on.
Hough recorded video of some of the bear's antics.
"He was playing having a grand old time," he said. About an hour afterward he saw the bear sleeping in a tree - clearly completely relaxed after what can only be described as the perfect afternoon.
Bear sightings are not uncommon in the area as it straddles urban and wooded parts. Despite Los Angeles County Sheriff's Deputy Joana Warren saying the department received six bear-sighting calls that Friday, they didn't find the bear, who had eventually wandered off after waking from its nap.
What can we say? Bears just wanna have fun!
- FamilyReal Housewives of Auckland's Anne Batley-Burton on the sad secret to her business success
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:15am
- MindJo Seagar on the importance of talking about death
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- FamilyThese inspiring people are our individual 'Grandparent of the year' winners
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 4:00pm
- RoyalsAnother royal wedding: All the details from Lady Gabriella Windsor’s gorgeous nuptials
Now To LoveToday 1:20pm
- TVNadia Lim admits Dancing With The Stars is 'the biggest challenge I've ever taken on'
Woman's DayToday 1:00pm
- PetsMeet NZ's most lovable rescue pet: Tinkerbelle 'the wobble dog'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 7:45am
- CareerAlexandria Ocasio-Cortez and the band of women shaking up America
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- RoyalsHappy 1st wedding anniversary Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan! A timeline of their beautiful love story
Now To LoveYesterday 10:00am
- FamilyDancing with the Stars judge Rachel White on why NZ has a special place in her heart
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- FamilyDear Thomasin and Davida: Miranda Harcourt's open letter to her daughters
The Australian Women's WeeklyMay 18, 2019
- MindThree women share their inspiring journeys towards empowerment, self-healing and learning to forgive
Good Health ChoicesMay 18, 2019
- FertilityAfter $70,000 spent on IVF Sharee Welch can finally hold her miracle twins
Woman's DayMay 18, 2019