A baby girl has been left injured after being attacked by her family dog in Dunedin.
The infant was taken to the city’s emergency department on Wednesday afternoon, following the attack in Cavell Street, Tainui.
The nine-month-old girl was admitted with eye and gum wounds after her family's jack russell terrier nipped her face. Police say she is doing well in the children's ward.
The Dunedin family will have the dog, which is one of two they have as pets, put down.
- TVThe 10 most memorable entrances on The Bachelorette
Now To LoveToday 9:10pm
- FitnessRunning just once a week lowers your risk of early death - here's how to get started
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMeet Christine Fernyhough - the intrepid Auckland housewife who took on a high country farm and won
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- RelationshipsJay-Jay Feeney dishes on her sizzling summer with her 'toyboy' Minou
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- MindHilary Barry's perfect clap back at a viewer: ‘Enough with the age-shaming’
Now To LoveJan 24, 2020
- Diet & NutritionDiet and ‘detox’ teas have been pulled from New Zealand shelves
Now To LoveJan 23, 2020
- CareerNigella Lawson's new direction at 60: 'I feel so much more open to anything and everything'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 23, 2020
- WeddingsIt's love-all for tennis star Michael Venus as he marries the mother of his child
Woman's DayJan 23, 2020