A young girl's letter to Auckland Police who were manning a drink-driving checkpoint in the cold is warming hearts around New Zealand.
In the handwritten note, which was shared by Auckland Police on their Instagram account, Madison recounts how she felt scared when her mother was stopped by police and breath-tested.
She says her mum explained to her that the checkpoint was a good thing.
"My mum told me that you are catching the drunk people."
Madison goes on to praise the police officers for "helping everybody" and tell them that a few weeks ago her dad was "crashed into by a drunk lady. Lucky he was ok!" She signs off thanking them for "standing out in the cold".
Since sharing the post, Madison's sentiments have been echoed by members of the public.
"What an amazing letter I agree thank you @newzealandpolice for standing out in the cold and catching all the drunk people driving," said one commenter.
The organisation NESA which helps victims of drink driving and their families also praised Madison for her letter.
"Amazing letter. Madison our organization was created for you in mind so that you can live in a world free of drink driving. If you get in touch with us, we would love to send you a gift to say thanks for your beautiful letter to the police."
New Zealand Police have written back to Madison thanking her for her kind words.
- CompetitionsWin a Limited Edition Sacred Hill Copper Foil Print
Good Health ChoicesToday 5:00pm
- BodyCould a weighted blanket help you stress less and sleep better?
Now To LoveToday 4:15pm
- CareerWhat Kiwi actress Ginette McDonald really thinks of her daughter Kate McGill following in her footsteps
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:30am
- RoyalsPrince Harry’s reaction to this boy not believing he’s a real royal is seriously priceless
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- FamilyHow art therapy helped us cope with the grief of losing their dad
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:04am
- Real LifeThe question that caused Jacinda Ardern to falter during her visit to Cashmere High School
Now To LoveYesterday 4:39pm
- FitnessThe reasons why you should also be foam rolling before you work out
Now To LoveYesterday 4:30pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine has made her first ever solo public appearance with The Queen
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- FamilyAt home with Sam Wallace and his adorable new obsession - baby Brando
Woman's DayYesterday 1:50pm
- FamilyEight ways to get your kids off their screens and out into nature
Now To LoveYesterday 11:43am