A young girl's letter to Auckland Police who were manning a drink-driving checkpoint in the cold is warming hearts around New Zealand.
In the handwritten note, which was shared by Auckland Police on their Instagram account, Madison recounts how she felt scared when her mother was stopped by police and breath-tested.
She says her mum explained to her that the checkpoint was a good thing.
"My mum told me that you are catching the drunk people."
Madison goes on to praise the police officers for "helping everybody" and tell them that a few weeks ago her dad was "crashed into by a drunk lady. Lucky he was ok!" She signs off thanking them for "standing out in the cold".
Since sharing the post, Madison's sentiments have been echoed by members of the public.
"What an amazing letter I agree thank you @newzealandpolice for standing out in the cold and catching all the drunk people driving," said one commenter.
The organisation NESA which helps victims of drink driving and their families also praised Madison for her letter.
"Amazing letter. Madison our organization was created for you in mind so that you can live in a world free of drink driving. If you get in touch with us, we would love to send you a gift to say thanks for your beautiful letter to the police."
New Zealand Police have written back to Madison thanking her for her kind words.
- Real LifeKiwi Mum's adventure: From America's Cup to Africa's Hero!
Now To LoveToday 8:00am
- Food & DrinksIf you love Scandi-style interiors then this latest kitchen trend is for you
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- TVThe Apprentice NZ's Kennedy Anderson: 'I was fired from my own company!'
Woman's DayJun 17, 2021
- Celebrity NewsMark Richardson on turning 50 and making his mark on the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 13, 2021
- TVDrag Race Down Under’s Elektra Shock: From homeless to healed
Woman's DayJun 12, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSuzanne Paul's forever glow and the lessons she's learned
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 05, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi mum's transformation: Jules from MAFS changed my life!'
Woman's DayJun 04, 2021
- At homeHow to create a kids room that will last through the ages
Now To LoveJun 03, 2021