A young girl's letter to Auckland Police who were manning a drink-driving checkpoint in the cold is warming hearts around New Zealand.
In the handwritten note, which was shared by Auckland Police on their Instagram account, Madison recounts how she felt scared when her mother was stopped by police and breath-tested.
She says her mum explained to her that the checkpoint was a good thing.
"My mum told me that you are catching the drunk people."
Madison goes on to praise the police officers for "helping everybody" and tell them that a few weeks ago her dad was "crashed into by a drunk lady. Lucky he was ok!" She signs off thanking them for "standing out in the cold".
Since sharing the post, Madison's sentiments have been echoed by members of the public.
"What an amazing letter I agree thank you @newzealandpolice for standing out in the cold and catching all the drunk people driving," said one commenter.
The organisation NESA which helps victims of drink driving and their families also praised Madison for her letter.
"Amazing letter. Madison our organization was created for you in mind so that you can live in a world free of drink driving. If you get in touch with us, we would love to send you a gift to say thanks for your beautiful letter to the police."
New Zealand Police have written back to Madison thanking her for her kind words.
- FamilyMeet The Block NZ Ethan's little miracle son Marley
Woman's DayToday 8:15am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine shares two powerful images to commemorate Holocaust Memorial Day
Now To LoveToday 11:00am
- Relationships'It's a Bradaissance': Brad Pitt is back and the world couldn't be more excited
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:19am
- CareerThe Great Kiwi Bake-Off winner Trevor Hall's exciting new business venture
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- TVThe 10 most memorable entrances on The Bachelorette
Now To LoveYesterday 9:10pm
- FitnessRunning just once a week lowers your risk of early death - here's how to get started
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- CompetitionsBe in to win a seven day Wellness Retreat with Resolution Retreats!
- CareerMeet Christine Fernyhough - the intrepid Auckland housewife who took on a high country farm and won
The Australian Women's WeeklyJan 26, 2020
- RelationshipsJay-Jay Feeney dishes on her sizzling summer with her 'toyboy' Minou
Woman's DayJan 26, 2020
- MindHilary Barry's perfect clap back at a viewer: ‘Enough with the age-shaming’
Now To LoveJan 24, 2020