A 39-year-old woman from the UK is desperately trying to plan the trip of a lifetime, after being diagnosed with early onset dementia.
Laura Borrell was just 38 when she was told she was suffering from frontotemporal degenerative dementia – a disorder that’s usually found in the over 65s.
Recently married and studying for a law degree at the time of her diagnosis, Laura’s world came crashing down.
To make matters worse, Laura has also been suffering with Lupus, Ehlers-Danlos, APS and other complications as a result of the dementia, with her family saying she “desperately needs a break away to help her feel a bit more positive.”
It’s for this reason that Laura’s friends and family have started a gofundme page, to help Laura plan a trip and build some memories while she still can.
Family members are hopeful they can raise enough cash for Laura to go the US in time for her 40th birthday – and before she loses her ability to lay down memories.
She’d be accompanied by her devoted husband Philip, 41.
Writing on the fundraising page, her mother wrote: “It causes me much distress to see her suffer so much. We'd love to be able to fulfill her wish to go to the USA (she'll be 40 in December 2017) with her husband, hire a RV to have a trip of a lifetime. Any donation would be so gratefully received.”
Laura was sent for tests after she began slurring words, appearing forgetful and failing to recognise the voices of family members.
In a video update on her condition in October, her husband Philip explained that doctors were having trouble finding a treatment for Laura due to her young age.
- RoyalsPrince Harry reveals he felt 'there was no option' but to leave royal life
Now To LoveToday 11:18am
- RoyalsMike and Zara Tindall open up about family life and why they consider Australia their 'second home'
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 11:00am
- Diet & NutritionWhich diet would work best for you according to your personality
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen confirms the Sussexes will no longer use their HRH titles in an update on their royal exit
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- MindParalympian Sophie Pascoe opens up about her two-year private battle and why she tries to stay real on social media
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 7:57am
- Body8 Kiwi stars reveal their health, fitness and wellbeing goals for 2020
Good Health ChoicesJan 18, 2020
- MindHow to live a life less rushed: savouring the good times
NEXTJan 18, 2020
- CareerBrendan Cole's new X-Factor Celebrity gig and why he's happy to have the tables turned
Woman's DayJan 18, 2020
- CompetitionsWin $200 worth of back to school gift cards with Woman's Day
Now To LoveJan 17, 2020
- WeddingsSevens star Stacey Waaka's heavenly Waikato wedding
Woman's DayJan 17, 2020
- RoyalsThe cute moment Prince William mistakes a photo of himself for Princess Charlotte
Now To LoveJan 16, 2020
- Pregnancy & BirthMeet Jessica Mutch-McKay's sweet little bundle of joy Margaux
Woman's DayJan 16, 2020
- CompetitionsWin an amazing Dr. Hauschka pamper pack worth $530
Good Health ChoicesJan 16, 2020