Valerie Adams’ next sporting challenge could be a medal sweep at 2018 Commonwealth Games, but for now, the shot put superstar says she has motherhood on her mind.
The world champion has just returned home after a stunning silver medal win at this year’s Rio Olympics, and while the world champion has said yes to the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games, there’s no word yet on whether she’ll attend Tokyo 2020.
The double-Olympic gold medal holder told the New Zealand Herald she isn’t ruling anything out, but is taking each sporting season as it comes.
Next up for Valerie though, is spending a bit more time with her new husband Gabriel Price.
The 31-year-old married her sweetheart in April this year, and revealed to Woman’s Day a between-games baby was a possibility.
While plans remain unconfirmed, starting a family with her new husband, sooner rather than later, appears to be something the shot put queen has set her sights on.
"I would love a family, it has always been a goal and I think motherhood would be fantastic," she told the New Zealand Herald.
"We just really need to go away now and have a break and think about things, we will know definitely what we're going to do by December.
While the top-level athlete is keen to give motherhood a go, she’s also considering her career as well.
"There is an opportunity to take a longer break and possibly have a family, but at the same time it is quite scary because you don't know how you're going to bounce back.
"It's one of those things that I could call upon and talk to other athletes that have done it and see how they have approached it. I'm not sure how my body will react, but one thing is for sure I am going to train right through."
- BodyToni Street reflects on the extreme toll her auto-immune disease took on her body
Now To LoveToday 4:02pm
- WeddingsTwo years in the making: Tiki Taane's epic marriage proposal
Woman's DayToday 1:55pm
- TVAussie Bachelor Matt Agnew's embarrassing kissing confession
Now To LoveToday 10:05am
- RoyalsA royal biographer dishes on what the Queen carries in her handbag
Now To LoveToday 9:30am
- MoneyEverything you need to know about saving for your retirement
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:15am
- CareerPaul Henry reveals he's 'in talks' to return to TV
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- CompetitionsWin an indulgent prize pack from Young Living Oils
Now To LoveToday 7:00am
- Diet & NutritionHere are 6 energy-boosting food alternatives to coffee
Now To LoveYesterday 2:45pm
- Food & DrinksThese Kiwi oats are the perfect go-to breakfast for busy mornings
Now To LoveYesterday 1:00pm
- FamilyA former teen mum shares how she went from pregnant prefect to top of NZ in her career
Now To LoveYesterday 12:17pm
- RelationshipsGreg Boyed's widow posts a touching tribute on the first anniversary of his death
Now To LoveYesterday 11:32am
- TVSam Wallace and Eric Murray bare all on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 10:45am
- RoyalsRevealed: Where Duchess Meghan found inspiration for her wedding day makeup look
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- Travel News'Travel agents are retro' and 3 other misconceptions about travel consultants debunked
Now To LoveYesterday 10:11am
- PetsNZ police have posted a touching tribute to Constable Elliott: the world's first police guinea pig
Now To LoveYesterday 9:21am
- CareerBlack Ferns star Kendra Cocksedge: Living her dream and on a mission to help others live theirs
Woman's DayYesterday 8:10am
- WeddingsDying bride's perfect day: My final dream has come true
Woman's DayAug 20, 2019
- RoyalsPrince Harry's trick to beating a heatwave? ‘Budgie smugglers’, he says
Now To LoveAug 20, 2019