TVNZ Europe correspondent Daniel Faitaua's brother Anthony has died, following his battle with cancer.
In a heartbreaking Instagram post, Daniel has shared his brother passed away peacefully at his home in New Zealand, surrounded by family.
"I am feeling emptiness and pain. I am heartbroken," Daniel shared.
"The coronavirus outbreak is adding to the heartbreak because I can't get home and be with family. Saying goodbye to someone you love is always hard but it's harder when you're on the other side of the world.
"The last six months haven't been taken for granted as we've discovered the true bond of brotherhood through our separate journeys."
The London-based former Breakfast host added he'd Facetimed and Instagrammed his daily excursion to share with Anthony and loved seeing his brother sharing his daily achievements of making every minute count.
"My boys even sent videos to their uncle to say 'hi' and check how he's doing before swamping him with clips from band practice, school class council, sporting success and new places they've visited.
"Anthony was protective, loyal and always put others first. He has, will and always inspire me to have courage and to be kind.
"I will miss him so much."
Daniel was announced as the new Europe correspondent last year and on his final day as part of the Breakfast team in August, the TV presenter opened up about his brother's battle with cancer, dedicating his last day on the show to Anthony.
"It's a bittersweet farewell because you guys have always been there for me," he told his colleagues.
"But my brother is dying of cancer at the moment and for the last week we've been spending time with him."
WATCH: The Breakfast team's emotional goodbye to Daniel Faitaua on his last day on the show. Story continues below...
Daniel also thanked the nurses and doctors who had been caring for his brother in Christchurch before continuing: "He's home now and that will be where he spends his last few days.
"He's the one that said to me, 'Go back and finish your last show with your family, with your friends, with your colleagues and say goodbye to everyone', including him.
"So Anthony, if you're watching, I love you so much."
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Lexie and Hamish are moving in together!
Woman's DayMar 11, 2021
- TVHit single Moses: 'I didn't think I deserved love!'
Woman's DayMar 09, 2021
- TVHere are the queens competing in RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Now To LoveMar 07, 2021
- RoyalsUPDATED: Harry and Meghan's bombshell interview with Oprah airs in NZ next week
Now To LoveMar 01, 2021