The world is in shock after news broke that pop superstar Prince had died at his home in Minnesota.
Tributes for the Purple Rain singer have flooded social media with Lorde leading the charge.
The 19-year-old Kiwi singer posted this quote by poet Tomas Tranströmer to Twitter:
"The funerals keep coming more and more of them like the traffic signs as we approach a city," the singer-songwriter posted after the tragic news.
Katy Perry talked of his magic as she joined the chain of heartfelt messages on Twitter: "And just like that...the world lost a lot of magic. Rest in peace Prince! Thanks for giving us so much."
Madonna penned her devastation on Instagram: "He changed the world!! A true visionary. What a loss. I'm devastated," the singer posted an image of herself with Prince alongside.
New Zealand actress Keisha Castle-Hughes, who appeared in Prince’s Cinnamon Girl music video took to Instagram with her sadness:
"Heartbroken. To all things purple. I will miss you deeply. Forever your Cinnamon Girl."
New Zealand film director Taika Waititi, was another that revealed his shock on twitter: “So wrecked at this sad news. I said after Bowie that all we have left is Prince. And now this. RIP to a true god of the aural realm.”
President Barack Obama too shared his thoughts in a statement on Facebook. “Today, the world lost a creative icon. Michelle and I join millions of fans from around the world in mourning the sudden death of Prince," he said.
Also paying his respects to the legend, Justin Timberlake took to Instagram to share a touching tribute to his idol, who he says influenced every single one of his hit tracks.
"It was Raspberry Beret. I was 4 years old. Yes, 4. I remember that I instantly loved it," he said of the first time he heard the artist's music. "I'm still in shock as I write this and I feel this overwhelming grief. But, we should all turn away from that and HONOR this musician that changed all of our lives, our perspectives, our feeling, our whole being."
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to NYC for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019