Former Sensing Murder star Kelvin Cruickshank has been asked many times to help locate a loved one.
Because of many 'stressful experiences', the TV psychic has always been reluctant to help find missing people – but he found he had no choice when it came to the case of Raymond "Curly" Stirling.
Speaking exclusively to New Zealand Woman's Weekly, Kelvin reveals that messages "from the other side" helped him work out the location of missing man Curly, who had disappeared from his home in Hamilton in January.
"From what I understand, this is the first time in New Zealand that a medium has been able to help find a body," he says.
"I am just so pleased for [the family] that they know what happened to their dad and have been able to farewell him."
Curly's daughter-in-law Jo, though normally a sceptic, had come to one of Kelvin's shows in "desperation" – and Kelvin says he was visited by Curly himself, who was very adamant about wanting to be found.
"He was standing there in spirit, with me, telling me I was supposed to help his family."
Kelvin was able to mark two areas on a map where he thought Curly could be – and following Kelvin's locations, Curly's son Glenn finally found his father near a stream in a gully.
"When I got the phone call from Jo to say a body had been found, I burst into tears," tells Kelvin.
For the full story, see this week's issue of New Zealand Woman's Weekly, on-sale now.
- FamilySamantha Hayes' baby Marlow joins her on the newsdesk and all we can say is awww!
Now To LoveToday 6:40pm
- RoyalsThe Sun's executive editor Kiwi Dan Wootton on his royal scoops and tabloid career
Now To LoveToday 2:45pm
- BodyWhy we should all be exercising our pelvic floor muscles every day
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- RoyalsPrince Harry asks to simply be called ‘Harry’ during his first engagement since moving to Canada
Now To LoveYesterday 11:50am
- RoyalsThere has been a coronavirus scare at Prince George and Princess Charlotte’s school in London
Now To LoveYesterday 10:05am
- WeddingsHappily ever after: Meet the Kiwi bride who has married herself
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:21am
- FamilyShe was my escape: Taylor Swift's heartbreak over her mum's health scare
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:09am
- WeddingsRebekah Palmer's dreamy summer wedding was a day full of surprises
Woman's DayYesterday 8:15am