The Paul Henry Show may be over, but its star will stay on at TV3, it was confirmed today.
At the TV3 season launch in Auckland today, Paul confirmed he would be stepping down from his morning presenting duties in 2017.
“I’m really proud of what we’ve done. But it’s time for me to enjoy a life without the nightmare of 2.30am alarms,” he said.
“I don’t need to explain myself; you’ve seen how successful this broadcasting experiment has been.
“Too many people spend their lives waiting to live. I don’t want to fall into that trap.”
In place of his breakfast show, TV3 confirmed Duncan Garner as the new host of its 6-9am weekday news programme The AM Show, which will be broadcast on TV3 and RadioLIVE.
“Content is king and that’s what the team and I are going to deliver – the best news, the best interviews, the best information you need to start your day. I also want to make sure everyone has a bloody good laugh too,” Duncan said.
“Paul is a brilliant broadcaster who has changed the game in the mornings – I’m looking forward to building on that. Our new show will be warm, seriously smart, irreverent and funny. I can’t wait to rip into it.”
For his part, MediaWorks confirmed that Paul would remain a part of the network, with guest appearances on new 7pm programme The Project in 2017 as well as other potential roles to be announced next year.
“We are very sad to see Paul go, but thank him for his incredible work,” said MediaWorks CEO Michael Anderson.
- TVBree Tomasel reveals her heartbreaking medical condition
Woman's DayYesterday 4:00pm
- RoyalsThe Queen “regretfully” cancels her appearance at UN climate change summit amid mounting fears for her health
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 2:20pm
- RoyalsPrincess Beatrice makes a glamorous appearance after welcoming baby Sienna with husband Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi
The Australian Women's WeeklyOct 26, 2021
- At homeBring some tranquility to your home with these trending paint colours
Now To LoveOct 25, 2021
- TVCelebrity Treasure Island's Edna Swart has found the one
Now To LoveOct 23, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi mum's courage: 'My boobs are ticking timebombs!'
Woman's DayOct 21, 2021
- Married at First SightWhich Married At First Sight season 8 couples are still together?
Now To LoveOct 19, 2021