Winning the lottery is something most of us only dream about. But still, we often think about how we might spend the winnings - on cars, houses and boats.
We even make vague promises with family or friends to split the jackpot. But more often than not, with losing tickets we never have to make good on such pacts.
One lucky winner found himself in the enviable position of having his Lotto dream come true, bagging $15 million. And in the ultimate gesture, he's honoured a long-standing vow with his best mate to split the winnings.
He's gifting his friend a whopping $7.5 million!
The winner, who wishes to remain anonymous, said he broke the news to his friend over a weekly catch up.
"I really wanted to surprise him, so handed him a photocopy of my winning ticket and the slip of paper with $15 million printed on it. He looked at the paper, then at me with his mouth hanging open, pointing at the piece of paper.
"I just gave him the thumbs up and said 'I won the big one - and half of it's yours!'"
He said his friend could not believe it, repeating "you're joking, you're joking!"
The incredible gift does, however, come with a catch or three.
"When I gave him the $7.5 million I told him there were three conditions - to look after our mates, help the community and that he's paying for a group of our mates to go on our dream holiday."
The generous Lotto winner hasn't stopped at sharing his winnings with his friend. He's also given each of his family members a cheque for $25,000.
"They all opened their envelopes at the same time, then looked at me in surprise and I said, 'Yip, I had the winning ticket'."
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveToday 2:28pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveToday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 1:00pm
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 11:00am
- WeddingsArt Green and Matilda Rice marry in a stunning Waiheke wedding - and announce they're expecting a baby!
Now To LoveYesterday 10:10am
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2019
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2019
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 15, 2019
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 15, 2019