Jess Quinn lost her leg to bone cancer at nine-years-old and has now become a model and poster-girl for body diversity after a posting an image on Instagram reports Daily Mail.
The 23-year-old New Zealander is busting perceptions about body image and has amassed 55,000 followers on Instagram with her sunny and positive outlook as compelling as her images.
Determined not to let her disability hold her back, Jess is training to run a 10km race by the end of the year and is launching her own blog, Limbitless, in the next month.
Her Instagram followers have astounded her with their overwhelming support of her photo shoot for the blog.
“I've never considered my cancer story any different but I am starting to realise how my outlook on life can help, people thrive on the real stories.
“I want to reach out, not just people with disabilities but also anyone living with insecurities.
“That's my goal, to help everyone from young and old to male or female. I don't want to put myself in a category.”
Having always been into health and fitness, Jess ordered “blades” in order to help her achieve her goal of running 10kms – a huge step after initially finding the use of a prosthesis overwhelming.
“It was hard getting used to the prosthetic, I had expected to jump on it and be sweet. I didn’t realise the amount of work going into it, it was quite shocking.
“I'm still trying to figure it out now, it's one of those ongoing things.”
Watch: Ballerina who lost foot's first competition
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Lexie and Hamish are moving in together!
Woman's DayMar 11, 2021
- TVHit single Moses: 'I didn't think I deserved love!'
Woman's DayMar 09, 2021
- TVHere are the queens competing in RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Now To LoveMar 07, 2021