/assets/images/nzheaderlogos/NZWD-logo.svg
Real Life

Heather du Plessis-Allan ‘axed’ from Mediaworks

The broadcaster has reportedly been ordered off air after a newspaper interview where she revealed her plans to leave Mediaworks.

Story host Heather du Plessis-Allan has reportedly been axed from Mediaworks after giving an interview to the Herald on Sunday where she revealed her plans to leave the company.
Speaking to the newspaper, Heather revealed she was exhausted from juggling the demands of two jobs (as well as Story, she also hosted her own radio show once a week) as well as commuting to Wellington every fortnight.
"I was working six days a week, which is really seven. If a radio interview fell over on Saturday you'd have to find something else, so your brain just doesn't turn itself off."
Heather pictured with co-host Duncan Garner at the launch of Story. Photo: Getty
The journalist told Herald on Sunday that she and co-host Duncan Garner knew back in July that Story would be ending.
However, according to new reports in the New Zealand Herald and Stuff, Mediaworks news chief Hal Crawford sent an email out to staff saying there were “inaccuracies” in Heather’s interview and that Story’s axing had only been decided recently.
The broadcaster was reportedly told to leave on Monday, with that day’s episode of Story hosted by Duncan Garner and reporter Amanda Gillies.
Heather (pictured here at the launch of Paperboy earlier this month) revealed her plans to leave Mediaworks in an interview with the Herald on Sunday. Photo: Carmen Bird
In her interview with the Herald on Sunday, Heather said she had a “fantastic time” working on the programme.
“It’s one of those things you can look back when you are an old lady and say: I did that,” she said.
While the broadcaster has yet to comment about the latest reports surrounding her departure from Mediaworks, she did take to Twitter on Sunday to share what she’s planning to do after leaving.

read more from

/assets/images/nzheaderlogos/NZWD-logo.svg