Former All Blacks Dan Carter and Joe Rokocoko have allegedly tested positive for corticosteroids, a leading French newspaper is claiming.
According to the reports, traces of the substance were allegedly found in urine samples from the two Kiwis and Argentine player Juan Imhoff.
The results are reported to have come from surprise drug tests conducted before the Top 14 final in France this year by French anti-doping agency AFLD.
However, a management representative for Dan and Joe has since explained to the NZ Herald that both players had clearance to use certain types of prescribed medication, under the correct therapeutic use exemptions (TUEs).
“We have been aware of the issue for a few weeks,” said Simon Porter, a player manager from the firm that represents both rugby greats.
“Our understanding and assurances we’ve had are all the documents around TUEs were in place,” he told the NZ Herald.
According to Mr Porter, Dan has been on medication for a calf injury, while Joe was recovering from a knee injury.
The reports of the drug tests were first published by French paper L’Equipe.
- WeddingsDying bride's perfect day: My final dream has come true
Woman's DayToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's trick to beating a heatwave? ‘Budgie smugglers’, he says
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- TVWhat drove these celebs to sign up for Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayToday 12:35pm
- Pregnancy & BirthWhy model Ashley Graham's baby bump photo has got everyone talking
Now To LoveToday 12:07pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine honours this lucky nine-year-old to celebrate World Photography Day
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerI loved him like a son: Phil Kingsley Jones remembers Jonah Lomu in his final years
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:29am
- TVMatty McLean says he's lived some of his proudest moments on Celebrity Treasure Island
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- TVThe redemption of former All Black Zac Guildford on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45pm
- TVKarl Burnett quits Celebrity Treasure Island as mental health suffers
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30pm
- Married at First SightMAFS' Cyrell Paule is expecting a baby with Love Island's Eden Dally
Now To LoveYesterday 1:21pm
- Pregnancy & BirthAll the gorgeous details from Samantha Hayes’ 'beautiful' baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 12:17pm
- TVFour curious things we've learned about the stars on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- TVThe first trailer for Married at First Sight NZ has been released and it's utter chaos
Now To LoveYesterday 9:48am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry jet off on another family holiday to the south of France
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyWhy Karl Burnett is hoping to be voted off Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am