• Over 70 years of age
• Live with a chronic illness such as a respiratory condition, heart condition, high blood pressure, kidney problems and diabetes. This also includes people undergoing treatment for cancer and blood conditions that make them more vulnerable to Covid-19.
• Countdown has also extended Priority Assistance to customers who have disabilities that make it difficult to shop in stores.
More supermarkets converted to online-only hubs
Physical distancing in stores
• Closing some checkouts including in self-service to provide additional space between customers in those areas.
• Encouraging customers to maintain at least a trolley length of physical distance between each other at all times, with clear markings at checkout.
• Markings in-store to support physical distancing and signage reminding customers and team to wash their hands.
• Additional and regular cleaning and hygiene processes, including hand sanitiser at the entrance of all stores for customers, and hand sanitiser available for team and delivery drivers.
• Plexiglass screens at registers to help keep team and customers safe.