A 10-year-old boy has shown compassion beyond his years, after deciding to grow his hair for his best friend.
Tyler Boone, from Georgia in the U.S., decided two years ago that he wanted to help his pal, Gabby Ruiz, who suffers from alopecia.
He began growing his brown locks long with the intention or providing Gabby with a wig, once it was past his shoulders.
Gabby, who has suffered with alopecia since she was four, is unable to grow hair, despite exploring several different treatments for her condition.
And when little Tyler was asked why he was doing this for Gabby, the youngster told U.S. news service KTLA5, “I just want to make her happy.”
Despite Tyler being bullied for his long hair – he hasn't quit his quest, and has now undergone the chop with the help of his friend Gabby.
After the 12-year-old made the initial cut, a stylist trimmed the remainder of his hair into a sharp buzzcut. The rest of his hair has been taken by charity Children with Hair Loss - who will make a wig from it especially for Gabby.
Afterwards, a hair stylist trimmed back the remainder of Tyler’s tresses into a buzzcut, making the young boy almost unrecognisable.
Tyler’s ponytail will be donated to the non-profit charity Children with Hair Loss, who will make a wig from it especially for Gabby.
In our opinion, there's only three words to describe him: generosity in spades.
Watch as Gabby chops Tyler’s ponytail off in the video above!
- FamilyThe Kiwi mum who couldn't find a decent parenting book so wrote one herself
Now To LoveToday 8:30pm
- BodyThe simple way to treat ageing skin concerns at home
Now To LoveToday 4:40pm
- TVCarolyn Taylor's epiphany since her return to TV on Dancing With The Stars
Woman's DayToday 2:00pm
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- FamilyEight foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am