Queen Elizabeth II made a surprise visit to young victims of the Manchester attack on Thursday.
Her majesty, 91, arrived mid-morning to the Royal Manchester Children's Hospital where 14 young people are currently being treated, including five in critical care.
The monarch talked to a number of parents and their children during her visit, including 14-year-old Evie Mills - who had received the concert tickets as a birthday present.
"It's dreadful. Very wicked. To target that sort of thing," she told the teenager.
She added that "everyone is united" following the attack.
The Queen also met with Millie Robson, 15, who was wearing an Ariana Grande T-shirt at the time of the royal visit.
Millie - who was able to attend the concert after winning two VIP passes in a competition - was on her way to meet her father, David, at the venue’s exit when the bomb was detonated. Her fast-thinking dad managed to locate her and swiftly went about tying clothing around her legs to slow the bleeding.
Addressing David, the Queen said: “It's not something you expect at all” and described the attack as “very alarming.”
The Queen also spoke with staff at the facility who rallied in the aftermath of Monday night’s atrocity, making sure to shake hands and exchange words with many.
"The awful thing was that everyone was so young. The age of them," she told one staffer.
Earlier this week, the Queen issued a statement expressing her “deepest sympathy” for the victims of the Manchester terrorist attack, an explosion that killed 22 people and injured more than one hundred others.
“The whole nation has been shocked by the death and injury in Manchester last night of so many people, adults and children, who had just been enjoying a concert,” the statement published on the Royal Family's official website read.
"I know I speak for everyone in expressing my deepest sympathy to all who have been affected by this dreadful event and especially to the families and friends of those who have died or were injured."
She went on to praise emergency services and the people of Manchester for the way in which they responded to the horrific incident.
"I want to thank all the members of the emergency services, who have responded with such professionalism and care,” the statement continued. "And I would like to express my admiration for the way the people of Manchester have responded, with humanity and compassion, to this act of barbarity.”
The militant group Islamic State has claimed responsibility for the horrific attack, but officials have not yet confirmed if this is true.
WATCH: Manchester Police Chief says all immediate family members of those who died have been contacted.