A very happy Northland couple have become $8.3 million richer after winning Wednesday's Lotto Powerball prize.
The couple, who wished not to be named, told the Herald that they were in disbelief upon hearing the news.
The couple were aware someone in the local area had won, however they figured it had already been claimed by someone else.
The wife had purchased the ticket online and it wasn't until she checked the My Lotto NZ App, that she realised they had won.
"I really thought I must be seeing things and when my husband looked at the ticket didn't believe it either. We just couldn't get our heads around it," the woman told the Herald.
The couple said the news really hit them when they received a call from Lotto's head office.
"When the lady on the other end said that she was calling from Lotto, the reality of it all hit me – I wasn't dreaming! It was a huge rush of emotion," the woman said.
Maybe it does pay to buy those tickets!
- CareerWhy Jennifer Aniston is looking to the future with a new focus
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- RoyalsPrince Harry shares more details about his upcoming mental health TV series with Oprah
Now To LoveToday 4:15pm
- CareerMy life is stranger than fiction says NZ Children's Book Awards winner Bren MacDibble
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 1:49pm
- TVThe Block NZ winners Lisa and Ribz reveal their post-show plans
Woman's DayToday 7:25am
- CareerCheers everybody! Sarah Jessica Parker's new Kiwi-made wine is about to hit our shelves!
Now To LoveYesterday 2:14pm
- MindWhy Shortland Street's Ana Scotney was forced to quit social media
Woman's DayYesterday 10:45am
- CareerTech-savvy granny: Meet Val, a social media queen at 90
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:00am
- WeddingsThe heartbreaking reason why Kiwi Ferns' Honey Hireme's wedding had to be brought forward
Woman's DayYesterday 7:35am
- CompetitionsWin one of five prize packs from Arnott’s worth $100
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 7:20am
- RoyalsInside a play date with Prince George and Princess Charlotte at Kensington Palace
Now To LoveSep 17, 2019