It's finally here! Inspired by the world-wide fitness phenomenon Spartan Race, Australian Spartan is set to be the world's toughest team-based obstacle course.
Teams of three from New Zealand and Australia will work together as they race through a variety of obstacles designed to challenge their ability to work together.
We take a look at the Kiwi competitors below.
Richard, Maysie, Justin - WAIKATO
Being fit and active is part of the job for these NZ Police officers. Not afraid of a bit of friendly rivalry, they've travelled across the Tasman to show the Aussie Police force how it's done! Used to working as a team and operating in high-pressure environments, will their skill-set withstand the epic test of the Spartan arena?
Jamie, Teneale, Paul - AUCKLAND
These true New Zealand heroes spend their days saving lives, and in their spare time you'll find them out on the open water. These friends came together through their love of the ocean and boast Olympic and World kayak titles between them. Will their winning streak continue onto the Spartan course?
Tanya, James, Hania - WAIKATO / COROMANDEL
Don't be fooled by this team's attire! This group of friends thrives on competition and takes their place in the game immensely seriously. Their individual strengths come together to form an unstoppable team, and their drive and discipline could see them go far in the competition.
Dan, Aaron, Jayden - WAIKATO
The bromance is real for these salt of the earth Kiwi mates and their friendship leads them to the heights of the Spartan course. Keen CrossFitters, the guys thrive under competition pressure and crave a challenge. Their down to earth approach could be their strength…or their downfall.
Josh, Adam, Nick - AUCKLAND
The demands of the job require these ultra-fit Kiwi firefighters to be in top physical condition. With iron man, stuntman and ex-Royal Marine adding to their credentials, they're an unstoppable team. Putting their lives on the line every day, they're used to working in an environment where teamwork is essential, but will the Spartan course prove to be too much?
Australian Spartan airs next Sunday 4 March, 7pm on TVNZ 2 and TVNZ OnDemand.
- FitnessOrangetheory: The new fitness craze that's taking off in NZ
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- BodyBeyoncé reveals the post-birth, pre-Coachella diet she says she'll never go on again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsA never-before-seen video of Duchess Meghan during a charity trip to India has emerged
Now To LoveYesterday 10:00am
- TVJohn Campbell is replacing Jack Tame on TVNZ's Breakfast show
Now To LoveYesterday 9:31am
- At homeFive ways to make every meal fabulous with Annabelle White
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- BodyWellington woman's life-changing recovery after controversial multiple sclerosis treatment
Woman's DayYesterday 8:40am
- RoyalsMore details have been revealed about Prince William's visit to New Zealand next week
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- BodyThe psychology behind why we binge eat and tools to help end the cycle for good
Now To LoveApr 17, 2019
- BodyThe vital things you should be doing to look after your heart
Good Health ChoicesApr 16, 2019