Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern will meet with Queen Elizabeth in a "private audience" at Buckingham Palace next week.
Ardern is travelling to the UK for Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting - known as CHOGM - a biennial summit meeting of the heads of government from all Commonwealth nations.
The meeting with the Queen, due to take place next Thursday, is an "on appointment" audience, offered to new Prime Ministers from countries of which the Queen is head of state.
This will be Ardern's last overseas trip before she is due to give birth in June.
Ardern said she was very much looking forward to the visit to Buckingham Palace.
"I am grateful that Her Majesty is taking the time to meet with me in what is an incredibly busy week for her as Head of the Commonwealth."
"This will be my first meeting with Her Majesty so I'm very much looking forward to sharing this government's vision for New Zealand and our priorities."
The Queen received an adorable Christmas card from Ardern at Christmas that her young niece Rosie helped her with.
While in London, Ardern will also meet with Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall at Clarence House.
Although no other formal meetings with the royal family are planned she may get to rub shoulders with some of the younger royals. Prince William and Prince Harry will be in attendance at the CHOGM Formal Opening and State Dinner and Megan Markle will be at a number of events, including a Women's Empowerment reception and the Commonwealth Youth Forum.
Ardern is unlikely to meet the Duchess of Cambridge, who is due to give birth towards the end of April, although we imagine they'd have quite a lot to talk about with their impending arrivals.
- FamilyReal Housewives of Auckland's Anne Batley-Burton on the sad secret to her business success
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:15am
- MindJo Seagar on the importance of talking about death
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- FamilyThese inspiring people are our individual 'Grandparent of the year' winners
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 4:00pm
- RoyalsAnother royal wedding: All the details from Lady Gabriella Windsor’s gorgeous nuptials
Now To LoveToday 1:20pm
- TVNadia Lim admits Dancing With The Stars is 'the biggest challenge I've ever taken on'
Woman's DayToday 1:00pm
- PetsMeet NZ's most lovable rescue pet: Tinkerbelle 'the wobble dog'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 7:45am
- CareerAlexandria Ocasio-Cortez and the band of women shaking up America
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- RoyalsHappy 1st wedding anniversary Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan! A timeline of their beautiful love story
Now To LoveYesterday 10:00am
- FamilyDancing with the Stars judge Rachel White on why NZ has a special place in her heart
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- FamilyDear Thomasin and Davida: Miranda Harcourt's open letter to her daughters
The Australian Women's WeeklyMay 18, 2019
- MindThree women share their inspiring journeys towards empowerment, self-healing and learning to forgive
Good Health ChoicesMay 18, 2019
- FertilityAfter $70,000 spent on IVF Sharee Welch can finally hold her miracle twins
Woman's DayMay 18, 2019