Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern will meet with Queen Elizabeth in a "private audience" at Buckingham Palace next week.
Ardern is travelling to the UK for Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting - known as CHOGM - a biennial summit meeting of the heads of government from all Commonwealth nations.
The meeting with the Queen, due to take place next Thursday, is an "on appointment" audience, offered to new Prime Ministers from countries of which the Queen is head of state.
This will be Ardern's last overseas trip before she is due to give birth in June.
Ardern said she was very much looking forward to the visit to Buckingham Palace.
"I am grateful that Her Majesty is taking the time to meet with me in what is an incredibly busy week for her as Head of the Commonwealth."
"This will be my first meeting with Her Majesty so I'm very much looking forward to sharing this government's vision for New Zealand and our priorities."
The Queen received an adorable Christmas card from Ardern at Christmas that her young niece Rosie helped her with.
While in London, Ardern will also meet with Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall at Clarence House.
Although no other formal meetings with the royal family are planned she may get to rub shoulders with some of the younger royals. Prince William and Prince Harry will be in attendance at the CHOGM Formal Opening and State Dinner and Megan Markle will be at a number of events, including a Women's Empowerment reception and the Commonwealth Youth Forum.
Ardern is unlikely to meet the Duchess of Cambridge, who is due to give birth towards the end of April, although we imagine they'd have quite a lot to talk about with their impending arrivals.
- BodyDr Libby on why we're overusing the word 'stressed' and how we should really be thinking about the term
Good Health ChoicesToday 12:00pm
- Family50 years on from the Manson murders Debra Tate speaks out about her sister Sharon's murder
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- TVHow Athena Angelou went from homeless to radio star in just a few short years
Woman's DayToday 7:55am
- Diet & NutritionHow to ensure you're putting the most nutritious grocery options in your trolley
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerWhy Jennifer Aniston is looking to the future with a new focus
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- TVThe Block NZ favourites Ethan and Sam: 'We had a rough run but we stayed true to ourselves'
Woman's DayYesterday 7:30am
- RoyalsPrince Harry shares more details about his upcoming mental health TV series with Oprah
Now To LoveSep 20, 2019
- CareerMy life is stranger than fiction says NZ Children's Book Awards winner Bren MacDibble
New Zealand Woman's WeeklySep 20, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ winners Lisa and Ribz reveal their post-show plans
Woman's DaySep 20, 2019
- MindWhy Shortland Street's Ana Scotney was forced to quit social media
Woman's DaySep 19, 2019
- CareerTech-savvy granny: Meet Val, a social media queen at 90
New Zealand Woman's WeeklySep 19, 2019
- CompetitionsWin one of five prize packs from Arnott’s worth $100
Good Health ChoicesSep 19, 2019