Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern will meet with Queen Elizabeth in a "private audience" at Buckingham Palace next week.
Ardern is travelling to the UK for Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting - known as CHOGM - a biennial summit meeting of the heads of government from all Commonwealth nations.
The meeting with the Queen, due to take place next Thursday, is an "on appointment" audience, offered to new Prime Ministers from countries of which the Queen is head of state.
This will be Ardern's last overseas trip before she is due to give birth in June.
Ardern said she was very much looking forward to the visit to Buckingham Palace.
"I am grateful that Her Majesty is taking the time to meet with me in what is an incredibly busy week for her as Head of the Commonwealth."
"This will be my first meeting with Her Majesty so I'm very much looking forward to sharing this government's vision for New Zealand and our priorities."
The Queen received an adorable Christmas card from Ardern at Christmas that her young niece Rosie helped her with.
While in London, Ardern will also meet with Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall at Clarence House.
Although no other formal meetings with the royal family are planned she may get to rub shoulders with some of the younger royals. Prince William and Prince Harry will be in attendance at the CHOGM Formal Opening and State Dinner and Megan Markle will be at a number of events, including a Women's Empowerment reception and the Commonwealth Youth Forum.
Ardern is unlikely to meet the Duchess of Cambridge, who is due to give birth towards the end of April, although we imagine they'd have quite a lot to talk about with their impending arrivals.
- CompetitionsWin a Fitbit Versa Lite prizepack for Diabetes Action Month
Now To LoveToday 7:00am
- Body4 reasons why a visit to this hidden oasis will have you feeling summer-ready
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson zooms around an airport on a motorised suitcase in a hilarious new video
Now To LoveToday 12:15pm
- RoyalsIs Duchess Catherine getting her own television show?
Now To LoveToday 10:05am
- CareerKeeping Up With The Kaimanawas horse whisperer Kelly Wilson on the stallion that changed her life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:36am
- Career'You just have to be yourself': Ingrid Hipkiss on taking over from Samantha Hayes on the 6pm news
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:25am
- WeddingsZac Franich and Erin Simpson's magical wedding day
Woman's DayToday 9:15am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan steps out in $50,000 ruby earrings by Kiwi designer Jessica McCormack
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- FamilyAt home with Matilda and Art Green: 'Baby Milo is our dream come true'
Woman's DayYesterday 10:55am
- RoyalsPlastic surgery clinic slammed for misusing Kate Middleton's face to promote face lift
Now To LoveYesterday 10:45am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine wore this special brooch on Remembrance Sunday for a very touching reason
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- CompetitionsWin a set of pearls thanks to Michael Hill Jewellers
Woman's DayYesterday 7:00am
- RelationshipsWestside actress Jessica Grace Smith's romantic beachside proposal
Woman's DayNov 10, 2019
- MindWhy saying 'yes' to stress can actually benefit us
Good Health ChoicesNov 09, 2019
- BodyRenee Wright: Why I'm prioritising my health this summer
NEXTNov 09, 2019