Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern will meet with Queen Elizabeth in a "private audience" at Buckingham Palace next week.
Ardern is travelling to the UK for Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting - known as CHOGM - a biennial summit meeting of the heads of government from all Commonwealth nations.
The meeting with the Queen, due to take place next Thursday, is an "on appointment" audience, offered to new Prime Ministers from countries of which the Queen is head of state.
This will be Ardern's last overseas trip before she is due to give birth in June.
Ardern said she was very much looking forward to the visit to Buckingham Palace.
"I am grateful that Her Majesty is taking the time to meet with me in what is an incredibly busy week for her as Head of the Commonwealth."
"This will be my first meeting with Her Majesty so I'm very much looking forward to sharing this government's vision for New Zealand and our priorities."
The Queen received an adorable Christmas card from Ardern at Christmas that her young niece Rosie helped her with.
While in London, Ardern will also meet with Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall at Clarence House.
Although no other formal meetings with the royal family are planned she may get to rub shoulders with some of the younger royals. Prince William and Prince Harry will be in attendance at the CHOGM Formal Opening and State Dinner and Megan Markle will be at a number of events, including a Women's Empowerment reception and the Commonwealth Youth Forum.
Ardern is unlikely to meet the Duchess of Cambridge, who is due to give birth towards the end of April, although we imagine they'd have quite a lot to talk about with their impending arrivals.
- TVOur broody Bachelorette: 'David Attenborough is my dream man'
Woman's DayJan 20, 2021
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020