Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern will meet with Queen Elizabeth in a "private audience" at Buckingham Palace next week.
Ardern is travelling to the UK for Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting - known as CHOGM - a biennial summit meeting of the heads of government from all Commonwealth nations.
The meeting with the Queen, due to take place next Thursday, is an "on appointment" audience, offered to new Prime Ministers from countries of which the Queen is head of state.
This will be Ardern's last overseas trip before she is due to give birth in June.
Ardern said she was very much looking forward to the visit to Buckingham Palace.
"I am grateful that Her Majesty is taking the time to meet with me in what is an incredibly busy week for her as Head of the Commonwealth."
"This will be my first meeting with Her Majesty so I'm very much looking forward to sharing this government's vision for New Zealand and our priorities."
The Queen received an adorable Christmas card from Ardern at Christmas that her young niece Rosie helped her with.
While in London, Ardern will also meet with Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall at Clarence House.
Although no other formal meetings with the royal family are planned she may get to rub shoulders with some of the younger royals. Prince William and Prince Harry will be in attendance at the CHOGM Formal Opening and State Dinner and Megan Markle will be at a number of events, including a Women's Empowerment reception and the Commonwealth Youth Forum.
Ardern is unlikely to meet the Duchess of Cambridge, who is due to give birth towards the end of April, although we imagine they'd have quite a lot to talk about with their impending arrivals.
- FamilyJacinda Ardern reveals who Neve gets her 'strong will' from
Now To LoveToday 10:42am
- TVMy Kitchen Rules' Piper breaks her silence on her relationship with Victor
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- BodyHayley Holt opens up about how sobriety has made her braver and stronger
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:30am
- Pregnancy & BirthSamantha Hayes excitedly announces the gender of her baby
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe truth about coconut oil: Is it actually as good for us as we've been told?
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMean Mums' Morgana O'Reilly gets candid about her school days
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 9:23am
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- Pregnancy & BirthFear and panic followed by joy: The Edge's Chang Hung welcomes his much longed-for daughter
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayJul 19, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS' Tamara Joy has hooked up with the brother of a fellow MAFS bride
Now To LoveJul 19, 2019
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesJul 19, 2019
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019