Police have grave concerns for missing Auckland woman Tania Ellwood.
The 39-year-old was last seen in Newmarket at approximately 11am on Wednesday 28 February, 2018.
Tania played Mandy Timmins on Shortland Street in 2006. She is also a hair and makeup artist and fashion stylist, according to her Star Now profile.
It is feared she could be one of the two people found dead in a boarding house in Grey Lynn on Tuesday.
Police were aware of speculation as to the identity of the deceased, but would not comment until formal identification and post-mortems were carried out.
"As formal identification has not yet taken place, we are not in a position to comment further," Police told the New Zealand Herald.
Tania's sister Katrina appealed via Facebook two days ago for sightings of her. She had last been in contact with her family at 6pm on February 28th when she was believed to be heading home.
Police were called to Dryden Lodge, a halfway house in the upmarket Auckland suburb of Grey Lynn on Tuesday afternoon, where two people were discovered dead.
Stuff reports that a man posted a video to Facebook on Tuesday evening as he walked around the property. In it, he speaks to a woman who identified Tania as one of the people who died.
The man who filmed the video knew Tania and described her as "a real nice lady". He said the property where the bodies were found was "a very jail like place," and filmed bars on the windows of the office.
The downstairs level of the property is still cordoned off while investigations are carried out. Police are not looking for anyone in relation to the two deaths.
- BodyOlivia Newton-John is battling cancer for the third time - why she's not letting it get her down
Good Health ChoicesToday 11:00am
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveToday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 11:35am
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsPrince Harry spent Valentine's Day next to a shrine dedicated to himself and Duchess Meghan
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Matthew Bennett insists losing his virginity to Lauren hasn't changed him
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks gorgeous in Gucci as she attends the 100 Women in Finance Gala
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- RelationshipsArt Green and Matilda Rice's family plans: they are so clucky!
Woman's DayFeb 14, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to Ports of Auckland Round the Bays plus a Samsung S9
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- Celebrity NewsCold Feet's Hermione Norris lists all the reasons why she'd love to live in New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 14, 2019
- WeddingsShortland St star Beluah Koale marries his soulmate in a day of 'pure joy'
Woman's DayFeb 13, 2019